Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5457-8878-2124-2087

Warioware: Smooth Moves vs. Mario Party 8 vs. Wiiplay

Okay, my birthday is coming up soon and I want a Wii game. Unfortunetly, mum and dad don't have much $ after getting me the Wii for Xmas. Warioware looks fun: cool Zelda mini-games. But I love the Mario Party series, too. But Wiiplay comes with a free extra Wiimote! Which one do you think I should get?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    6669-5605-4028-6511
    i wouldnt get wii play if you want a game that will last more than a couple of days.

Member #
    Friends
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    Mario party is not actually out yet, however pre-ordering is an option but there is no confirmed release date. Wii play comes with an extra controller, and the game kept me going for a while partly because i wanted all platinum medals, I also have Wario ware and see this as the best option for you, however the single player is not exactly long, however it is mainly a multiplayer game and only one controller is needed as they are games played alternate.

There are also a good few other games out there and you can widen your search a bit, but my personal opinion is get wario ware if your a party personn with friends.

Member #
    Friends
    I haven't played Zelda yet but wouldn't that be a better bet for a longer term game? Wario is just the same thing over and over and single player gets old after a few hours. Also I don't really call Wario a multiplayer games as you are rarely playing together. It's simply the single player game but you take turns.

I've been renting games instead and it's been a good idea since the two games I've rented, I would never buy for $60. For that you could rent one different game a week for six weeks.

Member #
    Friends
    5361-7973-5682-6452
    from all the places i've gone to, Mario Party 8 is being released on March 5th in the states. Amazon confirms this too. I just got warioware yesterday and played for about an hour. Its fun, fast paced, but I can see it getting old soon unless you have ppl playing with you. Its also short, i'm already halfway through the game. i would hold out for Mario Party 8. It would offer more gameplay than warioware I would think.

everyone i've talked to said the Wii Play isn't worth getting unless you need the extra remote. Theres only about 2-3 games thats actually fun. If you really need a remote/nunchuck, order it from nintendo. $5 shipping and they ship quick.

Member #
    Friends
    5457-8878-2124-2087
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiGod
    Mario party is not actually out yet, however pre-ordering is an option but there is no confirmed release date. Wii play comes with an extra controller, and the game kept me going for a while partly because i wanted all platinum medals, I also have Wario ware and see this as the best option for you, however the single player is not exactly long, however it is mainly a multiplayer game and only one controller is needed as they are games played alternate.

There are also a good few other games out there and you can widen your search a bit, but my personal opinion is get wario ware if your a party personn with friends.
    My birthday is on June 2 so it will be released by then.

Anyway, I think from you guys' opinion's I'll cross Wiiplay off the list. I still can't decide on MP8 or Warioware...
    Last edited by ninnie x; 02-17-2007 at 01:15 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5457-8878-2124-2087
    Quote Originally Posted by mickt
    I haven't played Zelda yet but wouldn't that be a better bet for a longer term game? Wario is just the same thing over and over and single player gets old after a few hours. Also I don't really call Wario a multiplayer games as you are rarely playing together. It's simply the single player game but you take turns.

I've been renting games instead and it's been a good idea since the two games I've rented, I would never buy for $60. For that you could rent one different game a week for six weeks.
    Err... I already own Zelda... Thanks for the Warioware info, though

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3877-4716-9164-8681
    If you're looking for a single player game and your birthday isn't till June, get Mario Galaxy. If you want multiplayer my vote goes to Super Monkey Ball. By the time June rolls around, Smash Brothers might be out too, and that would be good for single and multi-player.
    The ladies love to play with my Wii

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Zelda, Sonic

Member #
    Friends
    6031-8713-1077-8188
    super monkey ball takes so long to beat!
    iMac 2.4ghz Aluminum, 4GB iPhone, 12 iPods!

Member #
    Friends
    Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz IS hard. The 1-player levels jump from really easy to really hard, but Banana Blitz is fun.

My Vote goes to Super Mario Galaxy. Mario is the best.

For Multi I would have to say Mario Party 8 or WarioWare: Smooth Moves. It's a close call. WarioWare is very interactive (although I've never played the game but I've read articles and seen pictures) but the Mario Party series is so fun! So my final vote is...........................

MARIO PARTY 8

Although WarioWare is fun, the Mario Party series always has the best Multiplayer.

Ads