Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8756-4872-6334-8478

ONM Review Sonic and the Secret Rings

How does it controll? Do they work well?

Yup, the controls work well enough. As you probably know, you control Sonic by holding the Remote on its side and tilting it left and right. For the most part this is accurate, and you do feel in control most of the time.

It is alot like a 2d game, right? Itís on Ďtracksí.

Well, yeah, sort of. When we say itís like the 2D games we mean it takes the game back to its roots with just fast gameplay and simple controls. We donít mean it plays just like the 2D games because they offered more freedom (you could walk eithe rforwards or backwards). Itís maybe not the best example because it makes it sound worse than it is, but itís more like the bonus stage in Sonic 2 or Sonic Rush.

Does it have multi player?

Not in the main Adventure mode. It does allow up to four players in Party mode though.

Do you find that the sheer speed of the game increases the difficulty? In some videos it looks far too fast to be able to react to things quickly enough.

Yes and no. Many of the times when it looks like itís going stupidly fast youíre usually not in control (itís a set-piece or something). The game deliberately starts things off quite slow (well, slowish) so you can get used to the controls, then when you later unlock speed upgrades the game will progressively get faster.

Is it as long a Zelda Wii?

No. Nothing is.
    I usually go by ONM ratings, and with this they gave Sonic 81/100, which I feel is much better then I thought in my book. After playing other 3d sonic games, I've learnt they're terrible and though I shouldn't compare this future one to the old ones, I'm sure I'm not the only one who immediately did so so yeah, I think by what I've read from this thread (which has a bunch of questions answered) I feel I may just have to check this game out

Source baby

Member #
    Friends

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    yeah posted b4
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Oh what I did search as well oh well thanks.

Ads