LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Dvd's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really need to know if you can play DVD's on wii. I dont want to risk breaking my wii trying.
    When a Mii walks up to you on the street and says "Im the roundest thing alive!", you say "Twinkie" and he'll will explode.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    No you can't and it wouldnt break trying anyways
    Send me mii's and i'll send you mine!

My wii number is: 6784 5470 1535 6006 if you add me PM me to make sure I add you back!

Game on!

Member #
    Friends
    7159-9949-3697-1168
    right now you cant, a new wii is coming out in a few months with a DVD player included in it for a lil more moolah. also, its been rumered that nintendo will release an update around that time so that the original wiis without a DVD player that are out now can play DVDs.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    im happy with the way it is
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarsmasher108
    right now you cant, a new wii is coming out in a few months with a DVD player included in it for a lil more moolah. also, its been rumered that nintendo will release an update around that time so that the original wiis without a DVD player that are out now can play DVDs.
    You will never be able to play DVD's on an original Wii, they read disks backwards. It's an ingenius way to prevent piracy. Besides, who doesn't have access to a DVD player already? I've already got a DVD player built into my TV, two more standard DVD players, and a DVD-Rom drive in my PC; I don't want to pay for any more frickin' DVD players. The fact that you obviously have DVDs to play in your Wii alone is proof that you can already play them, so what does it matter anyway?
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarsmasher108
    I think that rumor is not true...that would mean that it would already have a DVD player in it now...you cant download a DVD player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    The fact that you obviously have DVDs to play in your Wii alone is proof that you can already play them, so what does it matter anyway?
    HaHa! good observation

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstrickler
    I think that rumor is not true...that would mean that it would already have a DVD player in it now...you cant download a DVD player
    You could "download a DVD" player if the machine had the ability to read DVD's (which it technically does) and the only limit was a firmware limit. In that case a download could update the firmware and solve the problem. It would also need to install CSS and you'd probably need to pay more since Nintendo would need to license the decoder software to have a legal DVD player. In fact, the rumor is that the company Nintendo hired to add DVD playback will provide a "software based" DVD solution. Story linked here.

But, if the Wii does something weird, like read DVD's backwards, then it might be more difficult to download a DVD player. I haven't read anything about this -- the only thing that I have heard is that the Wii spins in the correct direction but reads from the outside in, rather than the inside out, which would be easily correctable via software. The GC however, read in the opposite direction, but it didn't have a DVD drive.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Havn't you people ever heard of google?
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Ads