Hi guys i am new here, i love Zelda and i am an experienced gamer. I used to own a Zelda union at Gamespot.com but anyway lets leave that for now.
So i have played TP and i think it miss something very important. It lacks the depth of the character of Link and in the story in general.
We have come to an age where games should be more complexed and make the gamer feel like there is a story that unfolds before his eyes.
OOT succeeded in doing that but back in 1997 this could be achieved much easier than now. So this is what i think that the next Zelda game needs in order to it to take the next step :
1) Link needs a voice : As much as it may sound strange Link needs to gain a voice! Why? Because i found my self wishing for Link to speak in TP. Expression of feelings can only be done by hearing the voice of your character. This point that i make here will be supported by the next points also so stick with me here.
2) In the next Zelda, things like " Oh Link the Hero save us....yada yada yada" Its just plain stupid to continue in that pattern. The story should be more complexed with twists. We dont need just a good story, we need to put in some depth of characters. Link should have a father, a friend , a girlfriend maybe. We need a story where we get to meet people around Link that are important to him in order for the story to get a bit more personal. Those characters will eventually have a part to play in the quest of Link to save Hyrule. Some will need Link to save them, some will die causing Link's rage, some will fall in love with him. And in the midst of all these Link will have to save Hyrule.
Thats why Link needs a voice. All of these cannot be done properly without Link being able to speak.
3) Link should be presented as a human being with emotions and weaknesses! No more Mr. Perfect hero. I mean he must have a bad thing about him! I dont know if you get this point but anyway lets move on.
4) The next Zelda game needs some new evil.
Ganondorf has been overused and the Master Sword also. Hyrule is a land full of mysteries and legends. Link should face some new evil and threats other that our beloved Ganon. Maybe a game where even Link could be considered evil....i know...a bit strange but i have an idea which i will post in the future once i am done writing it.
5) And we come to my last suggestion. WHY THE HELL CANT LINK USE THE TRIFORCE? What the hell!! I mean Ganondorf used it countless time to destroy or save himself from the void and death. Zelda used it to make some arrows or teleport Link and herself before Ganon crushed them. Why cant Link use his Triforce for something?
Magic in an element that Zelda has missed a lot since OOT. Din's Fire, Farores Wind and Nayurus Love were amazing. Link needs some of those back with some new ones and also his Triforce should be put in use.
So the question is this.....
Do you agree with these suggestions? And then tell me why!