My dad has asked me to bring my wii to his house tomorrow for the family to play for his birthday. I'm sure they intend on playing Wii Sports again, but I'd like to show them something else for a change.
My plan is to rent Rayman, but I have a couple of questions:
1) I only have 1 set of controllers, is this OK? Can you play with 6 people with one controller by passing it around, much like smooth moves?
2) Can I insert the disc and start playing, or do I need to unlock multiplayer mode like SMooth moves? I'm going to be going there straight fromwork and wont have time to unlock anything before hand
3) Is it parent friendly? That is, will my parents be able to understand how to play it.I DOn't expect them to be experts, but wii sports is great coz anyone can do it.
ANy help greatly appreciated!
1) You have the option of either using many controllers or only using one and passing it around.
2) In order to play multiplayer, you have to finish the single player mode. However, if you have an SD card, you can go over to wiisave.com, download a save file for Rayman, and transfer it to your Wii. To get to multiplayer, you just go into score mode. From what I've played so far, you have to select individual mini games to play them. I haven't seen any modes like a tournament mode that preselect games for you to play, so you might end up going around choosing a random game to do if you've never played Rayman before.
3) It isn't as parent friendly as Wii sports since the motions aren't as intuitive, but it's still not too hard to pick up and play after reading the directions before the mini game.