LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

How good can the games get?

Hey everyone, im new here, so just thought i'd start with a HI!

Anyway, what i've been wondering ever since I got my wii at xmas is, exactly how good is it?
    There have been quite alot of people talking about comparing it in terms of hardware to the PS2, so the question is this...
    In the future, will the graphics and complexity of the wii games be about the same as that featured on some of the better PS2 games currently out or could they be even better?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    the games released at the moment are near launch games so the graphics and gameplay controls will be improved. developers are still trying to grasp the full potential of the wii so things will begin to turn slowly.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

wii owner since release Yellow_Wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    yes i agree with byuakuya, at that start of play station 2 the graphics were good ( at the time ) and slowly got better and better ( as did the gameplay ).

so give it a little while and it'll all unreal itself

Member #
    Friends
    Im sure i read that the console has the ability to be 3 times as good as the Gamecube and in the same article it said the gamecube had the ability to produce better graphics than the PS2, i may be wrong though

Member #
    Friends
    6669-5605-4028-6511
    depends how well the graphics are optimized. take the max payne series. i can remember when max payne 2 came out and i could run it medium-high graphics on a 1000ghz pc with a 64mb graphic card. On the other hand i could barely run call of duty 1 on medium graphic at a good frame rate. the ironic part is the fact that max payne had far better graphic.

Member #
    Friends
    1000ghz? that's impressive, considering the max at the moment is like 5.

Anyway good point. If games are optimized to use the Wii's hardware expect cool effects and gfx, if it is a port chances are it'll be the same as the PS2 version.

The Wii's processor is better than the GC CPU and the Xbox CPU put together, the hollywood ATI chip also runs a lot faster than the xboxs GPU. The xbox was by far the most powerful system of the last gen.
    Next there will be a big hoopla about how the Wii isn't actually fun to play, as the funomoter2000 wasn't included in the hardware, Nintendo were lying to us this whole time and we weren't having 'real' fun it was all fake and tacky fun.
    proud member of -No External Links username: FedEx

Member #
    Friends
    The wii will unfold before your very hazed eyes.

1. More channels and virtual console
    2. More people getting the wii, means more cumminity (not that theres not one already)
    3. kick-@$$ amazing games!
    4. Online play WITH SSBB, GUITAR HERO, METROID 3, MARIOKART WII, AND MUCH MORE!!! =P
    5. New fetures, and accesories, memeber the wii can eb updated to do more then just get new VC stuff, and system update. Who knows what nintendo has up their sleves.
    6. Wii wipes em all, wii won.

Member #
    Friends
    the graphics right now arent at there best, but they are definatley going to get better as the system ages. but some games that graphics probably will be better looking on are probably gonna be like Super Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime 3 Corruption...i thought both Metroids on the GC actually looked very good, so im sure that MP3 is gonna look great plus the wiimote...METROIDGASM.
    ThE QuI3t ThInGs ThAt No0nE eV3R Kn0wS

And Ill Scream With A Thousand Voices...
    I AM SANE.
    I AM SANE.

Xbox 360 Online Gamertag - Number1Newb

Member #
    Friends
    4138-5051-4068-6813
    How good can the games get? I think it depends on your definition of "good". For me, graphics capability comes behind game play and control. So from that point of view, the Wii is simply the best console ever. And for the games, the sky's the limit.

At least as far as sports games go, there's no contest. I'm really excited about he upcoming Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 for the Wii. On the Wii, you can simulate an actual golf swing. On other consoles, you use your thumbs.

Once the games developers get the hang of the new control system then I think we'll see some very innovative games being released. In fact, we've seen hints of this already in the current FPS releases. Things will only get better.
    Aylwin
    We want it, Wii got it.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    It can only get better. That will sum it all up for you.

However they need to release these games faster. I am starting to get bored with the ones I have. I basically only play WiiSports and WiiPlay. I love Excite Truck, but I don't have any real motivation to play it. I have unlocked Super Excite, but the races are insanely diffucult and I'm only in the first cup. I have Zelda, but I've never really been a Zelda fan. I have Call of Duty 3. It's a sweet game, but I just don't feel the motivation to play it. I may try to pick it back up tomorrow.

I'm glad Sonic just came out. I have been waiting for it. I need to go pick it up ASAP.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Ads