LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1
    ftw Homesrfan's Avatar
    Member #
    2625
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    IGN - Sonic and the Secret Rings Review

    http://wii.ign.com/articles/766/766214p2.html

    I actually saw this coming. IGN is very inconsistant with what they say about video games. Usually they will praise a video game in the 'hands on' previews and then anally rape them in the reviews.

    Suck it IGN.

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    WiiChat Member rgf942's Avatar
    Member #
    11529
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    93
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    GOD DAMNIT! DAMNIT DAMNT DAMNIT I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! Is there EVER going to be a good game for Wii???

  4. #3
    Jet-Set-Jesse En4Neo's Avatar
    Member #
    16323
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,744
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Homesrfan
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/766/766214p2.html

    I actually saw this coming. IGN is very inconsistant with what they say about video games. Usually they will praise a video game in the 'hands on' previews and then anally rape them in the reviews.

    Suck it IGN.
    Not their fault, some games can be decieving such as Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog which I thought would all be good. You can never be too sure until the final product.

  5. #4
    ftw Homesrfan's Avatar
    Member #
    2625
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,232
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    Not their fault, some games can be decieving such as Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog which I thought would all be good. You can never be too sure until the final product.
    I really don't believe that. Matt points of some faults in the gameplay and he should have seen that in the Hands-On. He should have mentioned something.

    I have sent them an angry email they will hopefully respond back to. This isn't the first time this has happened. Why totally hype a game up and say totally great things about it and then crap on it in the review?

    If they do this to SSX Blur... oh my god Matt better watch his back. Because they REALLY have said only great things about SSX Blur.

  6. #5
    WiiChat Member rgf942's Avatar
    Member #
    11529
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    93
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Homesrfan
    If they do this to SSX Blur... oh my god Matt better watch his back. Because they REALLY have said only great things about SSX Blur.
    Dude I COMPLETELY agree with you. They have hyped that game up so much... I'm expecting an 8.5 at the bare minimum.

    But I went to metacritic and the other reviews dont look bad. I think I'll wait a day or two, maybe wait for gamespot's review, and then decide whether or not to buy it. Check it out:
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat.../sonicwildfire

  7. #6
    WiiChat Member Tek720's Avatar
    Member #
    8923
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    89
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Homesrfan
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/766/766214p2.html

    I actually saw this coming. IGN is very inconsistant with what they say about video games. Usually they will praise a video game in the 'hands on' previews and then anally rape them in the reviews.

    Suck it IGN.

    I agree. All the praise and coverage they have given this game over the last few months, and then they kill it. They seem very inconsistent compared to the other reviews I have read. I wonder what GameSpot will say...

    When I get my copy (tommorow), I am going to place money on the fact that half of what IGN complained about won't bother me.

  8. #7
    :chuckle: Hybrid's Avatar
    Member #
    7985
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    775
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    If you hve'nt noticed, IGN never liked sonic games:
    He even said tht this was the best 3-d sonic game ever so it's still a good sine
    when im talking about sonic games i trust my review not igns!



    thanks demonflair for the awsome sig

  9. #8
    Jet-Set-Jesse En4Neo's Avatar
    Member #
    16323
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,744
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Homesrfan
    I really don't believe that. Matt points of some faults in the gameplay and he should have seen that in the Hands-On. He should have mentioned something.

    I have sent them an angry email they will hopefully respond back to. This isn't the first time this has happened. Why totally hype a game up and say totally great things about it and then crap on it in the review?

    If they do this to SSX Blur... oh my god Matt better watch his back. Because they REALLY have said only great things about SSX Blur.
    I still disagree, good impressions doesn't equal good game. I've had demos of games that feel totally awesome at first when I'm getting a feel for them, but then sometimes they just turn out to only feeling good rather than being good.

    Still if you don't pay attention to just the score and actually realise that the review states there is good to the game, you'd realise they didn't completely write it off as a bad game.

  10. #9
    Del fuego he resurgido... Axtlar's Avatar
    Member #
    4771
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Houston Tx.
    Posts
    1,851
    Friends
    61
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7688-9638-8193-7668
    Quote Originally Posted by rgf942
    GOD DAMNIT! DAMNIT DAMNT DAMNIT I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! Is there EVER going to be a good game for Wii???
    what the hell?! don't you mean "good Sonic games in general"? are you stupid? there's more good games for the Wii than for the PS3(only one for ps3 I believe) most of the Wii games have good reviews...Sonic for Xbox 360 and PS3 got a 4 so this one for the Wii is alot better than that crap, so next time get your facts straight

  11. #10
    the guy below- HES BACK!! Wiitime's Avatar
    Member #
    2290
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,409
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    i do check ign reviews, do i always follow them, No. warioware they said was good, i thought it was awful. But i looked at sonic and i wasent sure anyways if i was going to get this and they gave it a bad score so that leans towards not getting it, maybe rent.... some games like madden, deserved a 9. also remeber, they detail everything, some of us might not, they look at every little thing, thats y i use ign as a piece of my deicison, sometimes.........

    ign said this game was great and they gave it a crappy score, they shouldnt say anything until they play it.. unless its ssbb we know its great so they can talk about that.
    Mario Strikers Charged Code 034466 539783

    If you add me, let me know and i will add u..
    BRAWL CODE-2921 8742 9329

    Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts