LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

SSX Blur -- Slalom Races

I know there are a lot of SSX Blur threads out there but does anybody find the Slalom races to be IMPOSSIBLE?? I mean there's no way I could ever get 1st place on any of them! The best I've done is 3rd place on one of them.

Any tips? Anyone share the same feelings as me?

Member #
    Friends
    ummmm...hell ya

best i ever placed in 4th...and how do i unlock the 2nd peak??

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    The first slalom race wasn't really that hard, basically just go as slow as you can. As for the peak 2 slalom...I give up each time.

To get peak 2 I think you just have to medal in each event.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    8369-4797-3917-0441
    Yeah my best was 4th place. I though I was doing good but guess way to slow.

It kinda gets confusing which races you did and didn't do.

Member #
    Friends
    6372-7668-5808-0112
    you have to win the first two tournaments to unlock peak two.... i was having a horrible time with the slalom courses too.... i tried using the nunchuck in my right hand (since you dont really really need the wiimote) and it was much easier.... There's no need to go full speed either -- i was definately pulling back on the joystick for much of the course...

Hope this helps....
    Wii Sports, Elebits, Rayman, Call of Duty, Excite Truck, Ice Age 2, Zelda, NFS, Sonic, SSX Blur, Tiger Woods 07, Godfather, MP8, MSC.

PM me to add as a console friend...

...it gonna be zoppity tarheelsuperman's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    My advice is to slow it down...and start your turns as early as possible. The penalty times really kill you so accuracy seems to matter more than speed.

Member #
    Friends
    I beat the like 3 of the shaloms in 2nd and first, trick is lean the nunchuck and press left or right on the joystick makes sharp turns nicely

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    I started doing better if I did the slalom races in my computer chair. I turn and lean as if I am on the snowboard. I have gold everything on Peak 1 and 2 now I just need to do tourneys so I can open Peak 3.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    0606-9249-6271-3408
    Best way to get the job done is to hold back on the joystick the entire time.

Member #
    Friends
    Everything that has already been said is very true. Here are the 3 things I consider ESSENTIAL in trying to place #1 in the Slalom Races:

1. Do not make too wide of turns. Keep your turns around each flag/gate very sharp and just barely knick the flag. Hold back on the joystick almost the entire time to maintain control and tilt the nunchuck AND move the joystick left/right around each turn.

2. Practice each course over and over until you get it. That way you learn the course really well and can anticipate where the next flag will be.

3. Possibly THE MOST IMPORTANT - Sacrifice speed for accuracy. You will seem like you are going too slow, but by not missing a single gate, your time should be well below the competition. ONE missed gate adds 20 seconds to your time! Don't miss any gates!

Hope this helps. And hope everyone is enjoying this awesome game! I just sold my 50" HDTV right before purchasing this game (DOH!) and I'm now stuck playing it on my 20" Computer Monitor/HDTV until I purchase another TV. haha. Still fun though!

Ads