+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: red steel

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii_Smurf
    Nah it's top

People say 'The Controls suck' but you can lower the sensitivity if you wish. People who can't control it obviously can't work a Wii..

ONM [OFFICIAL Nintendo Magazine] gave it a 89% I think. So it is a good game...

Red Steel
    Zelda
    Sonic
    SSX Blur

All need to be bought - Im getting SSX Blur in 2 weeks

The multiplayer rocks so you can always pick it up and play with your mates [Up to 4 players]

IGN and Official Nintendo Magazine is my choice of Review spots. Im subscribed to ONM and I look on IGN Every so often
    well you didnt think that NGM will say otherwise...
    they are sponsered by nintendo,

they will never give a bad review..

Ign is a little over excited site to my opnion.

Gamespot is the best, they have a very objective reviewers, and rarely they make a mistake.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Red Steel is a beautiful game. I'm talking graphics and gameplay here. It's fun to aim at people and kill them. Swordfighting is intuitive. Finally, the Japanese underworld theme is awesome.

Oh, regarding the reticule jumping around, I've noticed this as well. As far as I can tell, it jumps to the center of the screen automatically from time to time, but that's only half the story. It seems to happen when the game freezes for a split second (notice that everything around you stops as well).

So yeah. Not spotless, but certainly worth checking out.

Member #
    Friends
    7177-5401-1319-4531
    Red Steel is surprisingly entertaining and controls quite well, compared to what the reviewers said. Could it be better? Sure. But as far as a launch title goes, it is very well made.

It's definitely a rent, but now that it can be found for $30 at EB or Gamestop, you may want to consider buying it.

Member #
    Friends
    I read lots of negative reviews of Red Steel as well, so I was a little wary of buyin it. However i dont regret it aty all, its a great shoot 'em up with the added fun of sword fights. I you havent played a shoot em up on the Wii yet, i would definitely say get it! Also it has yet to freeze on me..but im only around 25% through the game so far. Haven't actually tried multiplayer yet, everyone loves Wii Sports too much.
    2 x Wiimote | 2 x Nunchuck | Joytech Wiimote Charger
    Wii Sports | Red Steel | Rayman: Raving Rabbids | Zelda: Twilight Princess | The Godfather | Wario Smooth Moves

Preordered... Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MiLK
    I read lots of negative reviews of Red Steel as well, so I was a little wary of buyin it. However i dont regret it aty all, its a great shoot 'em up with the added fun of sword fights. I you havent played a shoot em up on the Wii yet, i would definitely say get it! Also it has yet to freeze on me..but im only around 25% through the game so far. Haven't actually tried multiplayer yet, everyone loves Wii Sports too much.

yes, I am already in bidding mode in Ebay.

I will try to get it .

That what I tought,
    gamespot, and many sites might have a too much high expections from it.

how is splinter cell btw?

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50 Stallyon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    I bought Red Steel and am only about 25% of the way through. Im now n the docks trying to get from one side of the island to the other making my way through the factory. I love this game it is absolutely awesome. my biggest grunt about it is the trigger dot does tend to jump about. especially when i'm lying in wait with my trigger pinpointed to the place where i know someones going to pop their head out ready to ....and the trigger dot moves to centre of the screen...arrgghhhh!!!! i prefer big arm movements for the sword swings as it actually feels like i'm swinging and i'm not to keen on having to complete the whole level to save the game but this i got used to. the graphics are good, the sounds are good, the playability is excellent - its such a shame that i bought zelda and am now playing that to death cos it too is friggin awesome...

i'd love to buy Splinter Cell next or possibly Godfather but Tiger Woods 07 is out next week so may just buy that instead....with RS, LoZ and TW i'll not find enough hours in the day to fit them all in. Its a good job LucasArts arent bringing out a Jedi game ---- oboo ^_^ oodo

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5783-4132-2401-7433
    Red Steel is good it's just a game though I couldn't play constantly day after day.

Member #
    Friends
    1996-6656-5015-1309
    ONM gave it 91%, i have zelda and it ROCKS!!!!!!! finished it. i am planning to get red steel.
    So far i have £0 towards the red steel fund

I am DanMan the Great, I rule over everyone! I am overlord!

Member #
    Friends
    red steel is a great game really fun to play !!!! and other game like red steel it would be CoD3 wich rocks and it`s a total worth the buy !!!!! i have Red Steel, Zelda TP, CoD3 and they are all great games Zelda is the one you should buy if you ask me but if you dont have that much time like you said i would recomend red steel and CoD3 they rock ;D (i found CoD3 better in Wii than in 360 because of the control you feel like if you were playing in a pc with a mouse )
    Wii`ve Got The Power
    Wii Are Divine
    Wii Have The Guts To Follow The Sign
    Extracting Tensions From Sources Unknown
    Wii Are The ones To Cover The Throne

Zelda is the bomb young link007's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    u like 360

Ads