Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5880-1161-5752-5548
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    So according to YOUR reasoning then its perfectly fine for lets say Playstation 3 to have Final Fantasy 13 be played with the PS2 controller? Or Halo 3 fans would settle for playing it with the X Box controller instead of the newer 360? Granted there is not much difference for those 2 systems but you truly are ignorant if you think a next gen game is not going to compatible with the controller that comes with the next gen console. You've already admitted that the quote is old news and yes while there's nothing NEW to contradict that doesn't mean that nothing is being changed right now. As for control schemes with the Wiimote...I'm not saying it has to use motion sensors but you use the Analog stick to move side to side, jump, and duck of course. You've got the Z button for Shield. A and B on are on the Wiimote. And C could possibly be used to dodge. I'm not saying thats what its going to be but you asked and thats what I came up with in a short time period. Go ahead and laugh if you feel moved to. I find your childish way of thinking to be quite amusing as well. When you learn some logic come and we can talk about it calmly without have to use "pwned" or "ZOMFG".

And oh a last note how am I pushing the "Wiimote agenda"? I've said ALL ALONG that it will USE ALL THREE! Can you not read or something?
    ps3 uses the ps2 controler with some new stupid gimmack. That argument doesnt work.

Logic?

The definition of logic in webster is
    the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.
    Im just presenting the facts to you buddy. I, am therefore, using logic, or, reliable information

Most the people on here are 13, i wouldnt be surprised if you are too. Your the one getting all upset over my posts saying that it will use the cube controller. If nintendo told us "not to throw away your cube controllers just yet" then they meant something by that. (and no not just for the VC) and also what is so rediculous about the idea of it only using GC controlls? I find that logicly reasonable, Miyamoto said he wants to use the GC controller in new and innovative ways, but w.e. Opinions are "to each his own" and you can get up set over absolutly nothing, this is rediculous. I always offer my opinion, of the facts, and that is, for right now, a hard fact that it will use the cube controller.

Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    its most likely gonna mainly be gc/classic controller. miyamoto has hinted that several times. wiimote doesnt fit for ssbb imo. but if it does use wiimote, who cares?

ssbb ftw
    Thank you. I dont see why MasterJedi2U is getting so worked up about this.

I was just providing a final note on this thread, seeing that it is going in no real direction besides people making up stuff about SSBB controls, and ignoring the facts that have already been stated. If the title uses wii controls, i honestly wouldnt be surprised as it is a wii title, except you cannot ignore what the officials have said concerning the controls.
    Last edited by asdfnick; 03-21-2007 at 08:34 PM.
    "The person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think " - Miyamoto

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Frankly I'm done trying to convince people that it is completely capable of working with Smash Bros. We'll just wait and see. But I would like to know why people are so put off by the thought of using it to play the game. I'm excited to try it out. Once again can you not read? I said CLEARLY that the analogy is NOT PERFECT. "Its a fact that it will use the GC Controller"...LOL.

EDIT: First off I'm 21 years old and a student at Duke majoring in Theology. Believe me or not since this is the internet I don't care. But I do want to set the facts straight. Anyone whos read my posts knows that when I was adding friends I only added people in the "young adult to adult" catagory with a few exceptions.
    Last edited by MasterJedi2U; 03-21-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    i cannt wait for this game!!!! and paper mario

Ninja? I'm a Pirate! Yarr Secumfex's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6205-5687-4726-5914
    I think the controlls are good like this. It's better this way. You can pull off baddass tricks without running in danger to mess up with your movement

feel free to add me to your Wii, but don't forget to PM me

how about some rep for good posts

The search function is your friend. Do not ignore your friends. They get cancer and die and it is your fault.

Member #
    Friends
    1229-2023-7316-8799
    I would be disappointed if SSBB did't have the option of using the Wiimote. I can see wherein the problem lies though, maybe the best option is using a GC Controller(I'm not a huge fan of using the classics controller either, just need to get used to it I guess).

P.S. What is the LATEST Official/Unofficial release date for SSBB? I've seen many different dates, 12/31/07, Spring '07, Summer '07. I don't know if i can wait until next year...

P.P.S. When are we going to be able to get SSB 64 as a VC game? Awesome if this game went online.

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    They have stated that they are hard at work trying find a way to control the characters with the wii-mote/nun chuck, AS WELL AS the GC style which has already been confirmed. They included the old GC style so as not to alienate those who've become accustomed to the old way.
    But I'm hoping those of us daring enough to try the wiimote style get access to special moves, or some other perk for having to adapt to the new system instead of taking the easy way out.
    The wiimote/nunchuck is perfectly capable of handling the controls. Just think outside the box here. The nunchuck for movement,blocking and throws (via z triggers) the wiimote can be used for light melee attacks like the sword slashing in zelda, or perhaps assig each attack to a button on the wiimote? (a,and b just like the GC version). See there is potential for this to work out with the wii interface. You just have to be willing to try it. I mean if you had the drive to get a wii, and learn the new controls then why do you lack the motivation to learn a new way to play and old favorite?

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Life Mushroom
    They have stated that they are hard at work trying find a way to control the characters with the wii-mote/nun chuck, AS WELL AS the GC style which has already been confirmed. They included the old GC style so as not to alienate those who've become accustomed to the old way.
    But I'm hoping those of us daring enough to try the wiimote style get access to special moves, or some other perk for having to adapt to the new system instead of taking the easy way out.
    The wiimote/nunchuck is perfectly capable of handling the controls. Just think outside the box here. The nunchuck for movement,blocking and throws (via z triggers) the wiimote can be used for light melee attacks like the sword slashing in zelda, or perhaps assig each attack to a button on the wiimote? (a,and b just like the GC version). See there is potential for this to work out with the wii interface. You just have to be willing to try it. I mean if you had the drive to get a wii, and learn the new controls then why do you lack the motivation to learn a new way to play and old favorite?
    I completely agree...Thats all I've been trying to point out. I really do think the Wiimote is perfectly capable of working with Brawl. And I look forward to playing with it.

Member #
    A hole in the ground. Or a house. Yeah that second one works.
    Friends
    MasterJedi, I don't wanna sound like a jerk but I have to ask. If it is a Wii game, why does it HAVE to use the Wii Remote? I mean of course that IS the major appeal of the Wii, but what if some games just work better with a Gamecube controller? Not EVERY game can be played effectively using motion sensoring.
    Inventory Thus Far:

Wii: Console, 2 Wiimotes/nunchuks, Wii Sports, Excite Truck, Rayman: Raving Rabbids!, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Call of Duty 3, and Metal Slug Anthology

DS: Old School DS, Super Mario 64 DS, The Urbz: Sims In The City, Tenchu Dark Secret, Trace Memory, Trauma Center, Warioware: Touched, Mario Kart, Lost Magic, Metroid Prime: Hunters, and New Super Mario Bros

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SubZero5268
    MasterJedi, I don't wanna sound like a jerk but I have to ask. If it is a Wii game, why does it HAVE to use the Wii Remote? I mean of course that IS the major appeal of the Wii, but what if some games just work better with a Gamecube controller? Not EVERY game can be played effectively using motion sensoring.
    From what i see MasterJedi has been saying that it will work with the two controllers due to the gamers choice. I mean to me i don't see why they wouldn't do it because they already did it with mortal kombat(using the wiimote and i think it will work with the other controllers). But he is not saying that it is a must that it use the wiimote only. he is saying that he looks forward to using it and he knows that it will use the wii mote. But honestly your question is similiar to this one "why does it have to play Wii games?" the whole point is, it is the wii and people bought the wii to play games with the new capablities of the controller. I have been sitting down for awhile thinking of why nintendo don't make the wii gamers have a choice with the controller in every wii game. Their are alot of lazy gamers who don't feel like moving their arms, Bunch of couch potatoes, farting on their mommy couch all day. At least let the gamer can have a choice but its not that big of a deal to begin with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads