Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7177-5401-1319-4531
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    You can't possibly say Mario RPG is better than Super Mario Bros. 1-3 and World though. You just can't.
    I do and will continue to say that Mario RPG is better than Super Mario Bros. 1-3. Square and Nintendo...how could it get any better?! It was a mario and rpg fan's wet dream. I would even give up Mario Galaxy to have Square and Ninty give Mario rpg a proper sequel....imaging something like Kingdom Hearts minus Disney plus Mario, with all the Nintendo universes....

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahnter
    I do and will continue to say that Mario RPG is better than Super Mario Bros. 1-3. Square and Nintendo...how could it get any better?! It was a mario and rpg fan's wet dream. I would even give up Mario Galaxy to have Square and Ninty give Mario rpg a proper sequel....imaging something like Kingdom Hearts minus Disney plus Mario, with all the Nintendo universes....
    Square and Nintendo did make a great game when they made Mario RPG, but it's crazy talk to say it was better than Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario World platformers.

As good as Square is, Nintendo is better so if you do the math 1 Nintendo beats out 1/2 Nintendo 1/2 Square. (Just going by your system here)

Sure you may like a game better based on tastes, but it does not make a game better. For example I love Um Jammer Lammy, but I realise there are better games.

Wii New and Reviews JerrodDRagon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Square and Nintendo did make a great game when they made Mario RPG, but it's crazy talk to say it was better than Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario World platformers.

As good as Square is, Nintendo is better so if you do the math 1 Nintendo beats out 1/2 Nintendo 1/2 Square. (Just going by your system here)

Sure you may like a game better based on tastes, but it does not make a game better. For example I love Um Jammer Lammy, but I realise there are better games.
    I can seeing how its on the top of most people's most wanted VC game. Infact I know 2 people that are waiting to get the Wii just for that game. It was a great game and still is, Super Mario World 1-3 are great games but I rather play Mario RPG. Look at Mario and LuigiSuperstar Saga.
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056

I can seeing how its on the top of most people's most wanted VC game. Infact I know 2 people that are waiting to get the Wii just for that game. It was a great game and still is, Super Mario World 1-3 are great games but I rather play Mario RPG. Look at Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga/Partners in Time both RPG's both better than Sunshine.

And like I said IF they were going to make another Paper Mario Game in a year that was a RPG I would be fine but there not, so once again Nintendo kills a good game and makes it into something else (just like Star Fox) and I hope the game is fun (Hell I've been waiting for this game since the last game) but I still will miss the RPG game I was waiting for.
    -No External Links

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    ok
    1. added 3d feature

2. kept the 2d style added more charcters

3.updated graphics

4.hidden puzzles through and through 2d and 3d

5.they say it will last 40 hours (go to ign to laz to get url)

6.pixels (again ign)

7. added a way better battaling feature then that annoying one on game cube

personally i dont see why your complaining.so they added more feature but they didn't take out any feature exept the battaling position

Quote by: Danny_c from Ps3forums

no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

Just That Great Extra Life Mushroom's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3210-5733-2914-1432
    I never got a chance to play super mario RPG. Since Sony either owns squaresoft or at least has them in their pocket. I doubt I will ever get a chance to play it. My question is: Is this game worth playing as a replacement for my lack of SMPRG experience? Or rather is it worth playin period? I'm nt trying to sound biased and honestly I've got no clue what to expect from the game since I've never played any of them before. I kinda don't like the idea of mixing the two genres. I just don't see the rpg elements working in an sidescrolling action platformer. I honestly wonder how would you see the rewards of your actions since the game is action based? count how many less jumps/fireballs that enemy took to kill now that my new gloves give me an attack power of +5? would I have to factor in these subtle nuances to every action to see the fruits of my labor?

Member #
    Friends
    8369-4137-0402-8056
    Quote Originally Posted by Extra Life Mushroom
    I never got a chance to play super mario RPG. Since Sony either owns squaresoft or at least has them in their pocket. I doubt I will ever get a chance to play it. My question is: Is this game worth playing as a replacement for my lack of SMPRG experience? Or rather is it worth playin period? I'm nt trying to sound biased and honestly I've got no clue what to expect from the game since I've never played any of them before. I kinda don't like the idea of mixing the two genres. I just don't see the rpg elements working in an sidescrolling action platformer. I honestly wonder how would you see the rewards of your actions since the game is action based? count how many less jumps/fireballs that enemy took to kill now that my new gloves give me an attack power of +5? would I have to factor in these subtle nuances to every action to see the fruits of my labor?
    Look at Doneky Kong Country its a Rare game but with a Nintendo character meaning Nintendo owns it, plus Dragon Quest and Final fantasy are coming to the Wii (both made by Square) so yeah we'll see it on the Wii hopefully by June.
    -No External Links

Ads