Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mario

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpiddly
    Really mario just needs to die. The only good 3d game with him was mario 64 and now they are just making tons of games with mario and they all suck. Its almost like they cant come up with somthing new. They can just relly on one stupid charactor to pull them past the ps3. Better graphics and controllers dont make a better game. thats why mario 64 will always be the only mario for me.
    meh
    better graphics and controllers dont make a better game?
    is that why mario 64 was a breakthrough in graphics AND controls for it's 3D?

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Mario Rules!!!!!

Mario is the coolest and has the best games!

Link's got nothing on Mario

Member #
    Friends
    8273-4042-4006-4041
    Mario will never die, he will always be around. What Nintendo needs to do is release more adventure. Don't get me wrong, I like party games, racing games, etc, but we need some good adventure games don't you think?
    wii are united, wii are one, wii will stand!

I'M BA-A-A-A-CK!

Register Me:
    Name: THE BEAR
    Number: 8273-4042-4006-4041

Member #
    Friends
    more than likely the game industry would not be as it is today were it not for mario. Nintendo and Mario revived the nearly-dead industry in the 80s and if it weren't for Nintendo teaming with Sony on the playstation (and then later quitting on the project) Playstation probably wouldnt even exist either. So give the old man some credit.

I understand what you're saying, they do have the same game all the time and the same story and what not but it's always been fun to me. What i wish they would do is get a new story line for Zelda. I LOVE THE GAMES SO MUCH, I just want a story line that i can't predict, i want to be surprised instead of knowing who the villain is going to be before they even announce the game is coming out. And I dont think nintendo is relying on the power of JUST mario to carry them through the life of the Wii. THey have other very strong franchises as well. Pokemon for one, which I believe was/is(?) the highest selling game in japan. I'm talking about the DS versions, but I expect the Wii game to do phenomenal as well.

I'm no fanboy and respect others decision to dislike stuff, but come on Mario's a classic. But they do need to give his bro some more time in the spotlight. They "pretended" to throw Luigi a bone on the cube with Luigi's Mansion, but in essence it was still about Mario because you spent the whole game looking for him. They need to make a Luigi game that has nothing to do with mario in any fashion, except maybe mario comes and helps out once and a while.

"Sasuke it to the max" E-Roc2010's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7990-7908-6210-2287
    I've always wanted to play Mario Sunshine can't wait to get my wii
    Naruto, Dragonball, Fullmetal Alchemist, Zoids, and Bleach some of the best animes of all time.

Member #
    Friends
    8273-4042-4006-4041
    You've never played Mario Sunshine? Well okay, that can slide, just barely, but please tell us that you've played Super Mario 64!
    wii are united, wii are one, wii will stand!

I'M BA-A-A-A-CK!

Register Me:
    Name: THE BEAR
    Number: 8273-4042-4006-4041

Member #
    Friends
    7990-7908-6210-2287
    of course I have. I just never had a GC but i wanted one just for that game but then I heard about DBZ: B1 for PS2. So it was either get a GC and Mario or a PS2 and get the best DBZ game of its time.
    Naruto, Dragonball, Fullmetal Alchemist, Zoids, and Bleach some of the best animes of all time.

The_Loose_Cannon
    mario is a classic. hes one of the most familiar character for nintendo, basically its trademark.

why would nintendo do that? thats like killing off zelda or donkey kong....

picture this, would disney kill off mickey mouse? nope! so mario stays

Member #
    Friends
    i haven't played a mario game since mario 64 either. i just finished watching the new trailer, and to be honest, i don't think it looks good. and i don't have anything against mario. i was actually looking forward to a new mario game. It just doesn't look like that much fun, and i like an good adventure game as much as anyone.

Member #
    Friends
    7990-7908-6210-2287
    IMO Super Mario World Galaxy or w/e the name is looks promising

Ads