LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

For all of you that have given up on SSX or are about to...

DON'T!

For about a week I played the game about an hour or less a night. I couldn't open Peak 2, couldn't beat Slalom, had a hard time doing uber tricks.

You're right, there's a big learning curve.

Here's some advice:

- Look on YouTube if you're having trouble with the Slalom. It's simple! Just slow down before dropping off hills and tilt the nunchuk all the way when you need to turn left or right.

- Use A to jump.

- Uber tricks take practice. I find them very easy to pull of now. In one jump, I used four ubers. It was amazing. I recommend going to a halfpipe and practicing for a good 15 to 30 minutes.

Seriously, once you figure it out, this game is amazing. And Peak 3 is FAST. Scary fast. And just plain scary.

I hope this helps at least one person. The review for the game have been somewhat unfair... I'd give it a solid 9/10. There's just a learning curve.

- Nintendo Wii - Classic Controller - Zelda TP - Excite Truck - Trauma Center: Second Opinion - SSX Blur -

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    I love the game. I have loved all the snowboarding games that have came out. All the way back to 1080. The Ubertricks are always going to be hard, but most of the time I try for one trick I will mess up and it will count for another trick. I can't seem to pull off the basic counter-clockwise Ubertrick.

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Nice advice. When I get SSX [UK Release in a couple of weeks now] I keep these tips in mind. Though using A for jump lowers the Gameplay so I'll stick to the normal way [I've seen the videos it looks sickens!]

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    Dude, the easiest solution to slalom and every control related issue with SSX lies within the control adjustments located in the options. You can tune your numnuck so that you'll be primarily turning with the joystick instead of the movement of the numchuck or vice versa. It's unbelievably easy to complete slalom, missing no flags and in record times if you tune the controls accordingly. Someone dropped that tip on here a while back and its worked for me ever since. Give it a shot if you haven't already.
    Find a desert or forest, put on your head-gear and stomp!

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah SSX Blur is awesome!
    Games Owned:Wii Sports, WiiPlay, SSX Blur, Super Paper Mario, Spider Man 3, and Mario Party 8

I got my Wii on Sunday, January 21st, 2007!!!

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmonaut
    Dude, the easiest solution to slalom and every control related issue with SSX lies within the control adjustments located in the options. You can tune your numnuck so that you'll be primarily turning with the joystick instead of the movement of the numchuck or vice versa. It's unbelievably easy to complete slalom, missing no flags and in record times if you tune the controls accordingly. Someone dropped that tip on here a while back and its worked for me ever since. Give it a shot if you haven't already.
    I tuned mine and then things got easy, but I missed the feel of having to tilt the remote so I changed it back. I can do the slalom now without the adjustment and its much more satisfying. I've done peak one without missing a flag and peak two missing only one flag.

As far as the thread goes, the games a bit frustrating at first, but I totally agree, stick with it and learn the controls and its such a blast. Peak 3 owns. :P

Member #
    Friends
    I find the game pretty easy. I've put all the carving controls to tilt so theres no joystick except for pulling back. It works alot better than the NFS tilt, you don't have to have the nunchuck level.

Member #
    Friends
    To each their own..whatever works.
    Find a desert or forest, put on your head-gear and stomp!

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks for this, i'll check back hopefully on friday if they send it out in time

Ads