LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Bonds Passes Hank 8/7/07 FWELR's Avatar
    Member #
    17010
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,614
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    flagel, that is one of the greatest ideas for a game i have ever heard.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

  2. #12
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonut
    If I remember correctly, they had something like WWII, but with futuristic weapons and aliens... stuff.
    What a new concept!

    There's tons more to be done I guess, just let the companies think it up.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  3. #13
    Game Wiizard WiiZero's Avatar
    Member #
    16092
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,729
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Flagel great idea it's called time crisis I think with the release of the light gun there will be some rail shooters

    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!


  4. #14
    WiiChat Member Farid's Avatar
    Member #
    18216
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    223
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    command and conquer renegade 2 should be created C&C renegade was a great game (i`m fan of the C&C series [ i`ve just ordered the new C&C Tiberium Wars])
    Wii`ve Got The Power
    Wii Are Divine
    Wii Have The Guts To Follow The Sign
    Extracting Tensions From Sources Unknown
    Wii Are The ones To Cover The Throne

  5. #15
    Read My Mind MrDonut's Avatar
    Member #
    17077
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    140
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    DUAL WIELD
    You have one gun in each hand (wiimote + nunchuck) and they act independantly.
    Here's the thing about dual wielding on Wii; which, by the way, I really, really want Red Steel 2 to do.
    How do you aim the nunchuk's gun? I can't think of a good way to aim it indepent from the wiimote's gun. The way I figured it was that the two guns share the same reticle, shooting at the same target (unfortunately). I don't know if it's possible to aim the nunchuk's gun with tilting motions....

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    Do you have it on rails so people can focusing on the dual gun wielding?
    I wouldn't rule that out as an option (I think Killer 7 looks great... don't take 'looks' literally, I'm not just talking about graphics.), but if you want the game to be a mainstream success, rails is a bad idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    With rpg stat building elements, bullet time and well as multiple endings. (stats would include things such as fire rate, spray circle, bullet time increase, clip size, health)
    That I disagree on. It seems like stats and bars are everywhere now-a-days, with developers trying to add depth to games. But I think that what we've seen with Nintendo and Wii games (Excite Truck, Wii Sports, Sonic), you don't need all those extra elements to make gamers captivated. Besides, I hate RPGs. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    Now it doesn't have to be guns, dual blades could come into play 2
    There could be 2 characters , each one half of a team, which all fits in with the whole dual theme of the game.
    As well as multiplayer co-op (once again going back to dual)
    You put swords in a shooter and everyone's gonna call it out for ripping off Red Steel. Curse our industry.
    I'm all for co-op. We need to see more of it. I think we need more than two player co-op also... 4 players. At that point, online 4 people. 2 for split-screen co-op.
    I'm done disecting your ideas. I hope you don't take any of my criticism the wrong way... I know that if I posted something like that, I'd want someone to say something. (Yeah, I know that FWELR did say somethin'.)

    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDonut
    If I remember correctly, they had something like WWII, but with futuristic weapons and aliens... stuff.
    Sarcasm? I'm trying to think of something really original, for FWELR.

    Umm.... I've got some bits. This first part, I think someone said at this site before, but it was good, and apparently it stuck, because I just thought of the same exact thing.
    (Not very chronological... doesn't matter. Especially doesn't matter because you probably aren't reading this right now.)
    (Just realized that my ideas are completely void because mine = TPS, not FPS.)
    1) Put the main character (only one playable character in story mode, co-op is exception) in a small suburban town, probably the town where the character grew up. Really small, because I want all interiors to be accessible, no doors left unopenable. Of course, there has to be filler to make going through all the rooms worth-while. Because every door in the town being unlocked would seem unrealistic, keep some locked, and give the character the ability to kick open doors police-style.
    2) To manage the door-kicking-open, I suppose the game could have a good/bad meter. You cause costly damage, your meter leans toward 'bad'.
    3) At the start of the game, players should be able to choose between a male or female character to play through story mode as. Each would have seperate story lines, which gives players a reason to go through the mode twice. This also allows the main portion of the game to be only 8-10 hours long. Of course, this would add up to 16-20 hours because of the two stories.
    4) Third person perspective. Easier to see the environment, and should establish a better connection between the player and the character because of the visual thing....
    5) Let the player have control of the camera whenever they want, so they can see what's directly infront of the character.
    6) Have characters show up in the story line over and over again, that the main character builds a relationship with. This would provide multiple character options for the second player in co-op mode.
    7) Speaking of multiplayer, I wouldn't want any versus multiplayer. Doesn't seem to fit. Co-op only.
    8) Guns. Pistols, uzis, paintball guns, whatever. No automatic rifles, grenades, rocket launchers, etc. Who has that stuff in a little town? Whack-jobs. I don't want the characters to be crazy.
    9) Cars. Motorcycles. Again, nothing too extreme. No Ferraris, BMWs, etc. Speaking of which, I would want licensed cars... with as much damage modelling as they'll allow.
    Issues:
    -Plot. Why does this guy/girl have guns and stuff? Need a reason for the violence. I don't want to think about that plot shtuff now.
    -Cars. Licensed cars and damage hasn't really ever happened before.
    -Go-anywhere style. How do we keep the character from leaving the town?
    Stuff... I'll continue this later, because my time on the computer is up.

  6. #16
    Bonds Passes Hank 8/7/07 FWELR's Avatar
    Member #
    17010
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,614
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    [QUOTE=MrDonut]Here's the thing about dual wielding on Wii; which, by the way, I really, really want Red Steel 2 to do.
    How do you aim the nunchuk's gun? I can't think of a good way to aim it indepent from the wiimote's gun. The way I figured it was that the two guns share the same reticle, shooting at the same target (unfortunately). I don't know if it's possible to aim the nunchuk's gun with tilting motions....

    man, that was a long post, narrowed it down to this: i think the light gun will solve this problem in some form or another, maybe have the light gun attach to the wii like the nunchuck and just have a rail shooter, or maybe you could have a point and shoot 2 guns at one target, but that kinda ruins the point of having two guns. that's what halo 2 screwed up on.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts