LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5902-8435-1391-5947
    My buddy picked this game up as well and I liked it ALOT. I have never played real golf before so dont really know much of it. But the game was fun to play with 2 players.

Visit us at Menenge.com and help our Community GROW!!!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleclives
    To be honest the swing mechanics are awfull!
    Im a low handicap golfer it it's nothing like proper swing tracking! To start the swing you just have to flick the wiimote and tiger swings up to the top of back swing. All the motion capture is in the forward swing the speed of club head, open face, closed face etc. In the real world I can shape my shots but here all I do is a draw no matter how hard I try to fade it!
    Now the putting is the really awfull element it's playable around the 25feet mark but say your playing St Andrews and you have a long putt of around 100feet you have to do a half swing and even then your often still left with a putt of around 50 feet or so! Hell I even tricked the controller reversed the motion you would putt normally and he still putted - whats that all about!

I can see non golfers or the casual golfer liking the game but for us proper golfers looking for a fix during bad weather you maybe left disappointed!

I totally agree. My buddy and I (both of us have handicaps under 5) have resorted to sitting on the couch and just flicking our wrists. I can hit the ball farther and straiter sitting down than I can standing and making a pure swing.

Member #
    Friends
    WOW, am I playing a different game?!?!
    First, I'm NOT a golfer. It's a 1000 to 1 change I'll hit the ball which is sad cause I hit it every time with a sword. Mental thing. I do love those arcade golf games in the bars though (e.g. golden tee)

So, putting is great, not to easy, not to hard. I don't know why people say it's not good beyond "whatever". I've made single put shots from 5'-60'. It's very consistant for me.

Also, I can select every club on the tee. Once on the fairway, every club except the driver (a bit annoying). Even on the green I can hit a 9-iron if I want to.

I haven't figured out fade/draw, but I don't have a problem with hook/slice. I tend to avg about 6 under par on an 18 hole course.

I love this game.

Member #
    Friends
    0644-3072-8431-9973
    You do know that you can use the control stick on the nunchuk to swing, like in the game cube tiger woods. right?

Member #
    Friends
    i heard this game sucks! i seen it on the threads

KillaCrgz So HiGh! craigkillercraig's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7255-2084-5635-1535
    personally I think tiger woods is worth the buy, they may need to work on some things, but its by far better than wii sports golf. if you are a fan of golf I think you'd love this game on the Wii

Member #
    Friends
    I have spent quite a few hours working with TW--have completed all but 3 of the Tiger Challenges. The more I play it, the better I like it. I do agree with the comments on the putting aspect, however. Graphics are OK--and as we know, a pretty game does not make a good one. It also took me a while to figure out the fade part. I was twisting as I made my shot---wrong. Proper way is to tilt the remote right away--before you start your swing--about 45 degrees one way or the other, and it will hook in that corresponding way. I do not play golf in real life, so I have no experience on real courses. I can really appreciate how much you have to THINK and PLAN your shots to be successful in the end. Course designs are totally devious!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEboy14
    You do know that you can use the control stick on the nunchuk to swing, like in the game cube tiger woods. right?
    Sure, but if I was going to play with a joystick, shouldn't I have just bought the game for my son's 360 and got better graphics?

The whole reason I got the Wii is that I think that joysticks just aren't meant for some game types. I can't stand FPS games on joystick. A mouse is the best interface, with the Wii mote a close second.

Playing golf with a joystick would be like driving a real car with a keyboard. There'd be too much missing from it.

To each their own though. I know many younger people only WANT to use console controllers since they never learned on anything else. I learned to play games on a keyboard and swore by that method. It took me a year to switch over to mouse/keyboard. But I can't get used to joysticks for anything but "arcade" and flight sim games.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by wiihbanga
    i heard this game sucks! i seen it on the threads
    Here's an oxymoron - Don't believe everything you read.

Here's a rule of marketing - 9 out of 10 unhappy customers will tell someone else they're about their experience. Only 1 out of 20 happy customers will tell someone their experience. It's more likely that more people like TW2007 than you read of people that don't like it.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Albright
    Proper way is to tilt the remote right away--before you start your swing--about 45 degrees one way or the other, and it will hook in that corresponding way.
    I'm still confused (long weekend, the wife's in the hospital). With the remote pointed at the floor, I move the tip (Ir receiver) towards/away from my feet, then I press the button and start my back-swing?

Or do I tilt the remote when I have it held at the apex of my back-swing?

Thanks

Ads