Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Yet another Tiger Woods 07 Review...

Got my copy today nad I've played 72 holes so far. Here's my impressions:

First of all, the graphics aren't rock-your-world awesome, but they're not really that bad, either. There are a lot of nice little details here and there. The graphics don't take away from the game at all.

Second - swing mechanics. They are actually pretty close to right on. But, it takes getting used to, and I think I finally figured out why that is. The swing action will mimic a golf club fairly faithfully, but you have to remember that a golf club has some weight to it. A Wiimote can't give you that same counterweighting, so it is difficult to match the speed of an actual golf club until you get the hang of it. (I think Wii Golf actually does a pretty good job of compensating for this, and EA should take some notes there.) Once you do get the hang of it, the game becomes a lot more fun.

Third - putting. This is where EA needs to put some work in for TW 08. It can be learned, but when you have those faithful swing mechanics, the putting should too. Instead it's a matter of waiting until the on-screen golfer has pulled the putter back far enough.

So far, though, I am enjoying the game a lot, otherwise I wouldn't have played four straight rounds of it.

Member #
    Friends
    isw it like wii sports golf swinging or do u acually have to rotate the club?
    friend code:1365-5479-5551-1092
    console nickname: 333wii333

(pm me if you add me )

Member #
    Friends
    To be honest the swing mechanics are awfull!
    Im a low handicap golfer it it's nothing like proper swing tracking! To start the swing you just have to flick the wiimote and tiger swings up to the top of back swing. All the motion capture is in the forward swing the speed of club head, open face, closed face etc. In the real world I can shape my shots but here all I do is a draw no matter how hard I try to fade it!
    Now the putting is the really awfull element it's playable around the 25feet mark but say your playing St Andrews and you have a long putt of around 100feet you have to do a half swing and even then your often still left with a putt of around 50 feet or so! Hell I even tricked the controller reversed the motion you would putt normally and he still putted - whats that all about!

I can see non golfers or the casual golfer liking the game but for us proper golfers looking for a fix during bad weather you maybe left disappointed!

Member #
    Friends
    o then probably not getting it my family is a big golf family tho
    friend code:1365-5479-5551-1092
    console nickname: 333wii333

(pm me if you add me )

Member #
    Friends
    It's a video game guys, not a golf simulator. Keep the controller on plane the entire swing. Even at the top of the swing. Dont try to swing it like a real club where you open the face at the top of the swing. I know, it will feel weird for us golfers, but if you want to shoot right in this VIDEO GAME, then you need to conform to their controls.

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    well put from the new guy looks like I won't be picking this up

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8495-4621-0229-4321
    personally, i don't think it's all THAT bad.... but definitely not perfect. it'll take some getting used to. i tend to hook the ball all the time.

but putting... oh man... it's horrible. from 5 feet and in, it's a no brainer. anything outside of that, you're looking at a 2-putt or more. the "power" is virtually impossible to control. for the time of me, i can't figure out how to putt further than about 45 feet. in real life, i can't make long 80 foot putts... but i can sure as hell tell you that although i may come up short, it won't only putt it half way or less... which is what tends to happen in this game.

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleclives
    Hell I even tricked the controller reversed the motion you would putt normally and he still putted - whats that all about!
    there was a preview a couple weeks ago that showed this producer trying out the game. you can swing it 3 different ways, facing the tv, facing opposite the tv, and side-to-side. the putting is the worst because the max is determined by how far you are from the hole. the reason this game is bad for me is that there is no club selection (ie: can't choose 1 iron instead of 2 iron, etc.). 08 should be much better, especially if there's online.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    An online golf game would be nuts lol.
    Your lives are open wide.
    The V-chip gives them sight
    of all the life running through her hair.

Member #
    Friends
    i gonna rent it first. if it sucks i'll just continue playin Links 04 on my friend xbox lol

Ads