Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Mii Update

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Well, the whole point about Mii's is that they're quick and easy to build and that they are cute. If you make things too complex or too lifelike, it simply will not appeal to as broad a spectrum of people.

Saying that, I would like the ability to customise the outfits that the mii's wear, basic colours cannot really capture your tastes very well, and likewise, not being able to choose between trousers and a skirt for girls may also seem like a turn-off. I would like stats and stuff for the mii's but not to have it too complex.

I would also love to have a channel whereby you can play music (either by CD or by SD card) and have some of your mii's pretending to be in a band in concert or something.

Last but not least, I would love for more third party developers to allow miis into their games. Heck I wouldn't mind if Nintendo parodied all sorts of genres with the mii's. Think of a mii first person shooter! Or how about a mii rpg.

The mii's are a really good idea, and something I'm sure Nintendo will expand on a fair amount. I'm just hoping they don't try to compete with Sony and make them too complex. Mii characters should only take 5 minutes to create, or else the customisation would get too tedious that it will begin to turn players off. (The amount of times I've created a character on previous Tony Hawks games and got a better idea for one half way through the customisation and just ended giving up is quite astonishing).
    Quote Originally Posted by billii
    I have a idea for miis but I don't think the channle is going to be it so I could ask if they could make a game called Mii Town. I could give them ideas. I need there email or address to mail them. Does anybody know??????
    They won't do anything about it. It's a well recognised fact that ideas from fans in the gaming industry aren't even read. I think it's meant to be something about if they already have something in development that is similar, then they need to be able to say it was their own idea, or other potential copyright infringements (like taking a patented idea and expanding on it, whilst not knowing the idea has already been patented).
    Last edited by Squall7; 03-18-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7159-9949-3697-1168
    Quote Originally Posted by Billii
    is this it??? http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp
    would Nintendo actually listen to you? i mean if they did tht would be uber, but it just seems somewhat unlikely for one person to make a huge corporation make a new game. although.......maybe another petition???? and if we get enough people to sign it, you could send it to nintendo? that might work

Member #
    Friends
    yea!

How many licks does it take to get to a tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Sign below

How many licks does it take to get to a tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Spoiler Alert!

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadium
    I live in Colombia, and there's no problem 4 me...
    yeah, I emailed nintendo and they told me that these services are available for all these countries:

Mexico
    Brazil
    Panama
    Peru
    Venezuela
    Colombia
    Guatemala

but as you can see, Chile is not listed
    they told me to check www.wii.com to see if a new country is added, but I don't think it'll be anytime soon...

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Sorry Squall could you put that in english

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiZero
    Sorry Squall could you put that in english
    Ok, I pulled up this. Whilst it doesn't really say much about copyright (which I have heard - otherwise I would have submitted tonnes of game ideas over the years), it does offer a solution.
    How can I submit my game idea?

Nintendo has some of the most devoted, enthusiastic fans of any game developer. Each week, we receive hundreds of questions and suggestions about our games and systems. While we would love to use ideas from fans to develop actual products, due to the volume of requests we receive and the resources it would take to process them, we do not accept unsolicited game or product ideas. As a company committed to being on the leading edge of game and hardware development, though, you can be sure that we are constantly at work developing new and exciting product and game ideas.

If you are an avid gamer who's interested in a career in video game design, but maybe you lack some of the programming experience, the DigiPen Institute of Technology might be a great place to start. The DigiPen program is an accredited, college-level program that teaches its students how to program and design for today's demanding video game applications. For more details on DigiPen's curriculum, please visit www.digipen.edu.

If you are a Nintendo fan who wants your voice to be heard, the best way to let us know what you like is to enter Nintendo Power magazine's Player's Poll contest. Each month, subscribers can fill out and mail in a Player's Poll card which lists their five favorite games. The results are then tallied and posted in our magazine for all the world (including game developers) to see.

The best way to let other fans know about your idea, or to generate hype about a future game you'd like to see, is to post your ideas to the forums on our site at http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo. The "General Discussion" forum is a great way to share your thoughts about Nintendo and its products.

Please note: If you represent an established video game developer looking for information on getting your products licensed by Nintendo, please email us for assistance, by clicking here.
    Source:http://www.nintendo.com/corp/faq.jsp#idea

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads