LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I picked it up today (wii of course). I playing it for about 40 minutes, mostly head-head with my son. I did play a bit co-op dogfighting.

Graphics are good enough (through component cable, not composite). Sound it good to figure out where the planes are coming from.

Aiming is a bit trajectory shooting, but not as much as would be in real life. In other words, you have to lead your target.

You can't stall, but you can crash. You can even run into air explosions that happen when you really trash an enemy.

Flying with just the Wiimote is cool, but I wish they had included rudder controls. I haven't tried the nunchuck mode yet.

All-in-All I'd give this a 7.5/10. I also give Tigerwoods a 9.5/10. But I give CS1.x a 10/10, so I have a wide range of games I like.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenNevets
    Okay... So Zelda should get an 8 for horrible graphics compared to the 360.
    Gears of War didn't use motion sensing and should get points off for that.
    DS has even worst looking games then the Wii.

Game ratings should have everything to do with systems and their limitations in mind.

The fact is Wii doesn't have online-play enabled yet (or atleast no games have had enough time to add the features in) and that created a limitation that should be excused for now.
    yes, if you'll notice on ign, zelda did lose points for bad graphics. i never said it had to lose 2 points, i said it should lose points, because the Wii is entirely capable of creating incredible graphics. Gears of War wouldn't lose points for motion sensing because that is something that is strictly Wii. But online games are something that has been out for years, and every system has the capability.

ratings on a place such as ign are not temporary ratings. they're ratings. when you go look at them two years from now, you're gonna realize, wow, this game had no online? that really did hurt the game. and this is why they keep this in mind while doing ratings.

Member #
    Friends
    Does Angels have as good graphics as the screenshots on IGN and elsewhere suggest?

Member #
    Friends
    I think so. Even on my 55" HD-RPTV, they're good enough that I don't notice if they aren't. I can zero in on planes from a distance I think is realistic.
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    2476-7789-3835-5591
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenNevets
    I don't get why people keep downing games because of no online play... Even official sites take points off for no online.

Until there is atleast 1 online game I see no reason to use this against a game.

But I'm not getting it, it's only an average game yet heatseaker may actualy be good. I'll buy heatseaker if it is, but I also heard it's short so a rental might be more appropriate.
    the reason is because of replay value
    I have the wii!!!! i know i suck at spelling!

Rep me if I did good.
    Spoiler Alert!

Ads