LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    That's just 3 of the 6 games released yesterday.
    Games Owned:Wii Sports, WiiPlay, SSX Blur, Super Paper Mario, Spider Man 3, and Mario Party 8

I got my Wii on Sunday, January 21st, 2007!!!

Member #
    Friends
    from those 3 games i knew reviews would never be too high...

the only one of those i was even considering looking at getting was kororinpa, and i still might.

its a pick and play puzzle game, that would remind me of monkeyball..

but we do need some good games to be released, i barely play my wii these days (havent touched in about a month, been 360 all the way)

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    I'm very surprised about their review on Cooking Mama...and if you read it they only point out like 3 things they didn't like about it. Then they go and give a 5 or w/e bs they gave it. IGN just hates the Wii. They still have a huge hard one for Sony and its PS3 machine so they refuse to deem any Wii games as good. Now Wing Pilots and the marble game which I can't spell right aren't my type of games but they look pretty decent to me. On a last note I've been playing my Wii so much lately. Red Steel Multiplayer is AWESOME. That, Trauma Center, and Elebits are a handful and should last me a for awhile. Then I might get Super Paper Mario and PoP.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    I'm very surprised about their review on Cooking Mama...and if you read it they only point out like 3 things they didn't like about it. Then they go and give a 5 or w/e bs they gave it. IGN just hates the Wii. They still have a huge hard one for Sony and its PS3 machine so they refuse to deem any Wii games as good. Now Wing Pilots and the marble game which I can't spell right aren't my type of games but they look pretty decent to me. On a last note I've been playing my Wii so much lately. Red Steel Multiplayer is AWESOME. That, Trauma Center, and Elebits are a handful and should last me a for awhile. Then I might get Super Paper Mario and PoP.
    No, if you are going to say any website hates the wii say 1up or Gamespot.

IGN has given fairly good reviews. Gamespot: Zelda 8.8 Red Steel: 5.5

Member #
    Friends
    I have been eyeing Marble Mania for a few months now and the negative reviews really discourage me, although most of the negativity is that its fun, just to short. Since its only 40 bucks new, hopefully they will be 25-30 on ebay in a month or so.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]. IGN just hates the Wii. They still have a huge hard one for Sony and its PS3 machine so they refuse to deem any Wii games as good.[FONT]
    Huh? Where do you get that IGN hates Wii? Matt and Bozon love the machine. They are the same guys that handled the Gamecube portion of IGN. Some of the other editors at IGN may not like the Wii, but Wii editors do. That being said, they aren't going to sit there and give great reviews to every game. If they feel a game isn't good they are going to give it poor reviews. I expect them to, and not only that I require them to. I don't want to go pick up a game they gave an 8 or 9 to and realize it should have been rated around a 5 or 6 and feel ripped off.

We are still in the early stages of the Wii. There are going to be very few games that get huge ratings. Look at the 360 last spring. Look at the PS3 right now. The Wii is actually doing pretty well. LOZ got great ratings, Wario Ware got good ratings and the new Godfather game was given an 8.0. Similarly Sonic was given a 6.9 which I wholeheartedly agree with. I've played all of those except for the new Godfather and their reviews are pretty close to my own opinions. For the most part I agree with the IGN Wii guys. They aren't paid to prop up the Wii, they are paid to give the consumer an honest report of the system, its accessories, and its games.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    well, thsese are the 3 games i DIDNT want...doesnt effect me.

Ads