LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    I think that the Gamecube had problems with 3rd party support due to its disk format, not because of lack of online play.

The Wii dosent have that problem and 3rd party support looks good, even though most titles are currently ports.

As for the term 'kiddy games' i think its mostly used by kids who think that if a game doesn't have blood n guts in it then it must be 'kiddy'. I think most adults would look past graphical style and care more about gameplay rather than if a game has blood or boobs in it.
    All in all it stil lack 3rd party games for more than one reason.... and your wrong, this kiddie word is use by the adults especially people who are Sony fan. Most of the adults who are in their 20's use this word to much. But yeah people who are amaze over blood and boobs are the set who use this word, so your right on that part. But most kids like nintendo 1st games.

Member #
    Friends
    I hate the word "kiddy" because it's thrown around so casually like "liberal", "fanboy" and "gimmick". The only games that are really "kiddy" are the ones targeted specifically for little kids (such as Dora the Explorer: The Game). Mario is not kiddy, he just appeals to a wide audience. And if you think SSB is kiddy, then there are some issues.

Nevertheless, the Wii is getting "mature" games: Prime 3, Sadness, Disaster, HAMMER, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, and more. People stupidly assume that because Wii Sports and Wii Play sell so well, the Wii will get nothing but kiddy games and mini-games.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

WiiChat Member VirtualDreadlock's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4640-5026-9655-8274
    By the look of it the Wii will have their share of the mature splatter fest games- any doubters should check "Conan" at least http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4475
    Last edited by VirtualDreadlock; 03-26-2007 at 08:18 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RedProdigy
    I hate the word "kiddy" because it's thrown around so casually like "liberal", "fanboy" and "gimmick". The only games that are really "kiddy" are the ones targeted specifically for little kids (such as Dora the Explorer: The Game). Mario is not kiddy, he just appeals to a wide audience. And if you think SSB is kiddy, then there are some issues.

Nevertheless, the Wii is getting "mature" games: Prime 3, Sadness, Disaster, HAMMER, Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, and more. People stupidly assume that because Wii Sports and Wii Play sell so well, the Wii will get nothing but kiddy games and mini-games.
    well said redprodigy...... people needs to stop assuming things. and keep that hole under their nose closed

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtualDreadlock
    By the look of it the Wii will their share of the mature splatter fest games- any doubters should check "Conan" at least http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=4475
    Wow, a game that is only coming out for 3rd Gen... including the Wii..

Promising.

Member #
    Friends
    I am also sick of people saying that Nintendo is "kiddie" I doubt that Super Smash Bros., Zelda, Resindent evil, and other games are kiddie. Sure we didn't see the perfect games for Gamecube, but Nintendo isn't kiddie, but Wii is taking more games in. I don't know what people see in M games. They are just killing and have no storyline or plot. Mario is the best and his games are for everyone. Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario aer going to be awsome. Of course we'll see some violent, but good games such as Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Stop complaining because you want M games. M games are completly stupid.

Oas
    Member #
    Friends
    I think most games have short gameplay value. No online match up and not even a online highscore board keep the games down

WiiChat Member VirtualDreadlock's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    4640-5026-9655-8274

hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Nfanboy
    I am also sick of people saying that Nintendo is "kiddie" I doubt that Super Smash Bros., Zelda, Resindent evil, and other games are kiddie. Sure we didn't see the perfect games for Gamecube, but Nintendo isn't kiddie, but Wii is taking more games in. I don't know what people see in M games. They are just killing and have no storyline or plot. Mario is the best and his games are for everyone. Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario aer going to be awsome. Of course we'll see some violent, but good games such as Metroid Prime 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Stop complaining because you want M games. M games are completly stupid.
    Resident Evil does have an ESRB of mature and has a great storyline and plot. You are obviously biased. I'm sure we can respect your opinion, but don't sh*t on people just because you have a problem with something. Some people just like variety in their gameplay. If you do not its your own problem.

Member #
    Friends
    basically all wii needs is something like dead rising where its outrageously fun yet mature enough to provide older gamers satisfaction. I love my Mario Karts and God of War alike so really I dont care what games come out for the Wii, as long as the big titles hit I am okay with it

And Kiddie games are like those Disney Movie games or games like Blues Clues and Dora xD E means everyone, that includes... EVERYONE not just Kiddies. If it says 3+ then obviously its for kids because a 3 year old can apperently play it =P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads