LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Old classics to be forgotten?

Am I the only one who thinks games like yoshi story, and Donkey kong 64 need a rebirth. What would happen if nintendo made a donkey kong 64 sequal and donkey kong finnal evolves from a series to a nintendo franchise! for the wii, or gamecube or both! Im tired of seeing yoshi and DK in mario party and mario sports games. These charecters deserve a rebirth, fans would know about RARE quiting on nintendo, but nintendo still has the licence and owner ship to DK! Dose anyone know if one is comming out for wii or gamecube?

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I hated Donkey Kong 64, it's seriously my least favorite game next to The Simpsons Skateboarding and Superman 64.

As for Yoshi's Story, it just had a rebirth, it's called Yoshi's Island DS.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    Er, there was Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.

They also have Diddy Kong Racing for DS, but that was also produced by RARE.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    HOW COULD YOU HATE DK 64??? it was sooo good, the story line, the lvs, the charecters, the multiplayer, the graphics, it was all grougous! Please explain Neo, im just as curious as I am shocked!

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    4253-4708-4555-0363
    OMG, calm down! It's just his opinion.
    2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio

WiiChat Auto Enthusiast

Forum Moderator - [PM]

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FR.
    OMG, calm down! It's just his opinion.

I wanna know how he hates it,

Im on more than you think bubba-ga-nush's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3369-4758-4482-0967
    I agree DK 64 was flippin awesome. My favourite game for the N64. There was multiplayer in it? But yea I also love playing as the other monkey dudes too I can only remember DK and that guy who shot I think Grapes through bamboo. But I was young when I played it soo...

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That away, when you criticize them, you're a mile way and you have their shoes.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiitendo
    HOW COULD YOU HATE DK 64??? it was sooo good, the story line, the lvs, the charecters, the multiplayer, the graphics, it was all grougous! Please explain Neo, im just as curious as I am shocked!
    Like many RARE games, the main appeal was all of the flash, mainly the graphics. To me it was just a collectathon that ultimatley lead to nothing, there was no rewarding gameplay. Just switch to another monkey to get another pointless item, kind of like some mmos...you waste your life ultimatley doing things are unfun and pointless.

The graphics were awesome, it had a lot of charm, nice sized levels, but good gameplay was nowhere to be found.

Most of you guys were kids when it came out, you might have different opinions if you play it again to see if it really was that good. I played it when I was 9 and hated it, played it when I was 15 just to make sure I was right and sure enough I hated it again.

Also, yes, I know platformers have advanced somewhat since it came out, but I'd still say it sucked for its time based on other 3D platformers of the time.
    Last edited by En4Neo; 04-01-2007 at 09:40 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    DK64 was much better than it's Super Nintendo counterparts but I still don't like it that much. I was never a big fan of donkey kong, he needs more of a gripping story because the crocodile/alligator enemies don't really hold my interest.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    i was never a fan of yoshi or DK...they just arent very appealing, andnintendo doesnt NEED to bring them out. They cant compete with todays games unfortunately...mario/luigi are the real legends, even microsoft/sony fanboys respect mario. But its not the same for yoshi or DK

Ads