Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthSoul
    So I guess that Excite Truck single player can be finished pretty quick?

Any racers that'll take me a while to get through single player?

In MoH is the controls just a matter of getting used to, or is it just hard to do even when trying?

My friend has Red Steel, I might ask to borrow it tomorrow and see what I think of it..
    I rented Carbon for Wii, we got about 75% through it in a few days. I don't think racers are generally gonna be very long. Excite truck is fun but less realistic. I rented excite truck too, but was busy and didn't get to play it as much as I'd have liked. It didn't seem like there was that many tracks. I still might pick it up off ebay for cheaper though, but I wouldn't buy need for speed, maybe just because I got farther in it. Need for speed is just about winning the race. In excite truck you get ratings on how well you raced in terms of drifting and stunts and such, so the replayability is greater since you come back to get better ratings and unlock stuff. Need for speed you unlock parts and there is the car customization, which is very in depth I must say.

Member #
    Friends
    0554-7647-3242-2709
    Red Steel + Excite Truck = pwn

Proud Wii-S3 owner
    PS3: Guitar Hero III, Heavenly Sword, Lair, Oblivion, Resistance:Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Skate
    Wii: Call of Duty 3, Excite Truck, Mario Party 8, Red Steel, Sonic & the Secret Rings
    SSX Blur, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, WiiPlay, WiiSports, Zelda: Twilight Princess
    PS2: FF-X and FF-XII, Gran Turismo 4, Gretzky NHL '06, Guitar Hero II, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Shadow of the Colossus, and Sly Cooper
    DS: NEW Super Mario Bros. and Pokemon Diamond

Member #
    Friends
    2144-6234-8176-9504
    Thanks for the replies. I guess the racer is a little easy to decide on, I'm pretty sure i'm getting Excite Truck now.

About the FPS, I'm still not sure >.< I keep hearing mixed reviews on Red Steel.. What did people think of Splinter Cell on the wii?

Member #
    Friends
    I prefer FarCry to RedSteel. I find the control in RedSteel is over sensitive. Yes, FarCry's graphics aren't as crisp as RedSteel's, but the multiplay is better. I think the aiming is more accurate on FarCry too.

I can't get enough from Excite Truck. My kids and I like to just start bashing each other around
    Central Ohio: Wii via component on Mitsu 55" HD-RPTV. 94 ImpalaSS, MCSE/MCT, MS/Network Consultant.

Member #
    Friends
    2144-6234-8176-9504
    Farcry doesn't really interest me =[.

I think at the moment it's out of:
    Splinter Cell \ Medal of Honor \ Red Steel

Red Steel I should get a chance to play today as i'm going to a friend's house and he has it..

I'm still not sure though -.-

Racer will be Excite Truck for sure, i've read some great reviews about it.

I'm thinking the FPS will be Medal of Honor, as it's one of the top sellers at the moment according to the sites i'm looking at..

Any last opinions from anyone?

Member #
    Friends
    0359-1198-4523-1584
    Redsteel, you like it or you hate it.

Story was good - Nice story! Not as good as Zelda but Original.
    Gameplay was good - I think the single player was a blast to play besides the glitches.
    Graphics were good - Not the best but for a launch game they are good.
    Music/Sound was good - I music was good and voice acting was bad. Music for the sword fight is just fun to listen to.
    Mutliplayer is good - Well built, just needs to make feel little more completive.

Miaymoto says we need to add a category for non-gamers

For Non-Gamers: You may or may not like it. Its the best FPS on the Wii right now.
    For Gamers: Probably going to hate it...you played so much Halo this game looks like a sin. Though it does have a nice story and funfactor is high cause of the controls.

Pros: Fun FPS, Sword Fights
    Cons: Glitchy!, Game was rushed, Sword Fights were choppy, If you retarded there is a learning curve
    Last edited by ajvizzgamer101; 04-06-2007 at 09:31 AM.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If I were you (this is what I am doing) I wouldnt waist my money on half-ass games that are out right now, and I would just be patient and get the REAL games.

FPS: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    Racer: (This one is really up to you, but I know what I am going with and what I will suggest to you) Driver: Parallel Lines (Incase youve never heard of it, its kind of like a GTA, except more driving, and it will use the wii remote to its full potential)

Member #
    Friends
    2144-6234-8176-9504
    Thanks for all the replies guys.

I think I will not get an FPS for now, as they dont seem to be great just yet.. Metroid seems great though.

I have heard of driver, had it on my Playstation. When'll that be released?

I am probably still going to get a racer for now, as i've found some for VERY cheap.. So if I dont like the game I could just trade it and make a tiny profit.. :P

NOO! THE BEES ARE COMING! Rabid_Toaster's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    i don't know when Driver will be realesd (i havn't heard anythingn in ages) but ill give you one more reccomendation for Excite Truck lol

EDIT: screw my typos lol im tired

i need a new sig!!! if you can be bothered, pm me and say that you can help me! (if you are good at making sigs lol)

Member #
    Friends
    0384-8118-0272-6054
    Carbon is awesome and get vanguard best shooter yet
    Wii:0384 8118 0272 6054
    Name:Kingkoy PM or leave comment if added

Ads