LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Daren

Resident Evil 4 - Wii edition confirmed

Resident Evil 4 - Wii Edition has been confirmed:

http://wii.qj.net/category/Resident-Evil-Wii/cid/2130

This should not be confused with the brand new RE Wii game, Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles, due out at a later date. This is a reworking of RE4 for the Wii...

"Accordingly, RE4 will make full use of the Wiimote. During close-range attacks, the motion-sensitive controller should be shaken, Leon will automatically detect the enemy and perform a knife attack.

Likewise, the Wiimote will also be used to aim a targetting cursor in order to shoot and fire at your enemies. Hold down the "B" button and shake it a bit to reload your ammo. The built-in speaker will also sport a reload sound effect."

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Kickass!

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    yeah its good...but whats up with the constant porting...and it feels a little weird because I can already play RE4 on the Wii......damn theyv ported that way too much...like once every year

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I think it will be good, the port on the ps2 was just as good, if not better than the gamecube verison
    -No Videos in SigAs it now we will know each other till nothing remains

Daren
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Haku
    I think it will be good, the port on the ps2 was just as good, if not better than the gamecube verison
    Eh? The PS2 version of RE4 was crap. I laughed when I first saw it.

"One of the big issues the team over at Capcom is facing is the fact that the PS2's texture memory capacity is far smaller than the Gamecube's. In the Gamecube version of Resident Evil 4, players were treated to 24 bit textures. However, in the PS2 version, expect 8 and 4 bit textures, which is quite a downgrade."

"Leon's polygon count, in order to run on the inferior PS2 hardware, will have to drop from the original 10,000 polygons to a mere 5,000, slightly more than Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3."

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4310

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    Wow, I didn't know the gamecube had more graphic power than the PS2. It doesn't make sense that there wasn't more third party support for it. I'm really annoyed by this. I just bought RE4 for the gamecube two weeks ago. I suppose I'll sell it on ebay and pick up the Wii version, I'm only like 3 hours into it anyway.

Member #
    Friends
    Well i Can`t wait for this game to come out in Canada. When I first saw the wiimote and what it could do, the first thing that came to my mind was RE4. and now we are getting it on the wii!

Member #
    Friends
    i already own that game but would gladly get it again for the wii. what a classic.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    yeah its good...but whats up with the constant porting...and it feels a little weird because I can already play RE4 on the Wii......damn theyv ported that way too much...like once every year
    at least its not a ps2 port (I am assuming they used the GC version) also this version will be rendered in real time.

Daren
    Also, according to IGN, the Wii version will have all the extra features that the PS2 version had:

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/778/778248p1.html

"All the bonus elements that made it into the PS2 version are being included in the Wii release. That includes the "The Another Order" sequence, where you play as Ada."

Plus, it should only take up one normal-sized disk on the Wii as well.

Ads