Have you played Road Rash before? I think it'd be cool to have a Wii version of it. Here's my thoughts as to why it would be good and how it would work...
- Use the Nunchuck attachment to steer and lean. When going around a corner, you tilt left or right to lean into the corner. Also, this would mean that you can flick your wrist up to pop a wheelie.
- The wiimote itself can be used for the weaponary. I hated it on previous versions how the computer choose which direction you can hit opponents. The weaponary can include all previous weapons and more (i.e. Baseball bats, sledgehammers, cattle prods). Obviously different motions are required for different weapons.
- Online mode. Pretty obvious, play online with everyone, the money you earn could be used in an RPG element of customising bikes, clothes, new weapons etc... Hospital bills and Fines... Pretty much standard.
- Soundtracks can be like Excite Truck - play your own tracks from SD card whilst you race (complete with fading out when you come off your bike and the bike disappears into the background).
- Rag doll physics. This would be excellent for Road Rash as previous games have standard positions and motions. Imagine using Rag doll physics when flying high in the air and landing on your neck, complete with the crunch sounds...
- Gameplay animations. I used to love the little animations on Road Rash 2 on the Mega Drive, and think they would be great for the Wii (obviously not the exact same animations, but cool new ones).
All this was spawned when my friend came over and decided we should dig out Road Rash 64 again. Classic moments got me thinking how great this would fit with the Wii (especially considering Nintendo is starting to shed it's kiddie image).
If you don't know what Road Rash is, you'll find some vids of it here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Road+Rash