LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Where do I look to for help?
    That's right....EA doesn't have to be the one, but I've played their hockey games the most and I just want it done right. I just think EA has the most money to devote developers to doing it right. Is there any game developer out there who are hardcore hockey fans that can make this game? (Wishful thinking)
    I love all the suggestions so far, especially the goalie idea. That'll be great if the expand the controls in the fighting modes.

Anyone like the idea of having optional automatic or manual stick handling modes? I got hands of stone, but some skilled hockey players would probably like to stick handle their own way in the game.

Member #
    Friends
    Good ideas. But instead of EA, why don't you send them to 2K sports. The NHL 2K series are way better than EA in terms of realism and control scheme. I've played ice hockey for almost 15 years now, and I can tell you that playing a game of NHL 2K7 is as close as the real thing as you will ever get. But, if you want Arcady gameplay and good graphics, stick with EA I guess

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    Eif87: I agree with you that 2K makes better sports game than EA. More realistic, anyway. I disagree with you that sending it to 2K will do you any good, seeing as how EA decided to jump on the Wii's bandwagon early, with lots of ports of other games (Godfather, SSX Blur), plus adding most of their sports franchises over (Madden, Tiger Woods, NBA Live for 08). We know that EA will make a hockey game, will 2K?
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Good point FWELR. I guess I can't really complain about EA anymore, because they have been huge supporters of the Wii (and Godfather is simply amazing). It was just wishful thinking on my part :-) Would be an amazing game though

Member #
    Friends
    Good points on EA. They seem to be going full steam ahead with the Wii. Good news people. I just found an old high school friend who works with EA on motion capture animation. I'll send him this thread and see if he can direct us to the right person in charge of NHL 08.

BTW: any comments on the optional automatic or manual stickhandling with the wii remote?

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiTim
    BTW: any comments on the optional automatic or manual stickhandling with the wii remote?
    yeah, should be optional. some hotshots will want it. beginners will get tired of it.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    At one point I saw the NHL 08 had a release date of September 19, but no it's gone. Maybe it's harder to develop than many think, because of the controls.

Member #
    Friends
    the goalie thing should only be for shoot outs

Member #
    Friends
    2333-7576-0116-0852
    Why are there so many hockey fans in this board?

Quote Originally Posted by WiiZero
    1st off EA will not read this hate to break it to you second I don't think EA should make Madden 08 it's better with a regular controller

Youshouldtalklikethisitsfaster
    Last edited by Metric; 04-14-2007 at 12:54 AM.

Visit GamerWIKI.com.

Member #
    Friends
    do you really think EA would use this? all you put down were controls for checking and fighting. congratulations.

Ads