Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464

Sonic and friends taking a break?

news about sega wanting to give sonic a "makeover"
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/29/ti...hog-says-sega/
    http://www.wiisworld.com/wii-news/se...ing-sonic.html

personally instead of trying to make him better, go back to his glory days when he simply ran through levels to defeat robotnik and rescue the animals....thats why sonic advance sereis were successful and sonic rush for DS. while im a sonic fan to death, these adventures and big city "superhero" plots are just not his roots. i wonder what they possible are gonna do...

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    i agree, sonic needs to be taken back to a nice platformer. I enjoy the VC sonic more than secret rings. im not saying sonic should be taken back that far, just keep it simple. trying to make him a hero with a complex story line killed what made sonic so fun and addictive in the first place.

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    as odd as it might be to say...i say Sega needs to take Sonic in a style to a game that was inspired by Sonic ,and thats Crash Bandicoot. Secret Rings started in that direction this way it keeps the game in 3d with the behind the back view although brings the 2D gameplay into play.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    I personally liked the storylines and the adventure elements of the newer ones. It's just the execution that's been terrible. They could make a really great game if they just took the amount of time and effort into making it good.

Member #
    Friends
    0558-5461-4916-6731
    yeah koops i agree the storylines aren't bad ,but the gameplay (aside from Secret Rings) is getting worse because between sonic's speed ,and the camera angles they don't mix. Thats why they need to go with a crash bandicoot viewpoint because there would be nowhere for the camera to move. Also they need to keep side kicks out of the main gameplay. Its fine to make them have their own modes that can be unlocked through the main story.
    My Wifi games (ASK ME FOR MY CODES)

Rock Band 2,Call of Duty W@W,Mario Kart,Nights,Tetris Party,Dr.Mario,WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09,Battalion Wars 2,Mario Strikers,Smash Bros Brawl,Quantum of Solace,Medal of Honor Heroes,Excitebots,The Conduit,and Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    well i think the secret rings sucked the controls and the story i just want good old fashioned sonic back but him in a 2D world made to look 3D and i will be happy like the new castlevaina coming out on the PSP... some games just cant be 3D, sorry sonic but mario beat you in that aspect of gaming. But still side scrollers are fun and i love them so i would love to see another side scrolling sonic game

Member #
    Friends
    I'd say mesh all the Sega games (Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles) into one story, but go the way of the New Super Mario Bros. for DS and Megaman for PSP and make it a side scroller but with 3d objects
    I thought Sonic Adventure 2 was a good game, but was still the game that jumped the shark. It was a weird transition out of nowhere going from Dr. Robotnik to Eggman. I thought the new characters were pretty good, but Sonic team has to kinda get the idea that every new character doesn't have to be playable, its a Sonic the Hedgehog game for a certain reason.
    Last edited by ocdan; 04-17-2007 at 08:16 PM.
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    ^^^^ i agree and like everything you said. especailly meshing sonic 1 -knuckles into one.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd_yayo
    ^^^^ i agree and like everything you said. especailly meshing sonic 1 -knuckles into one.
    well I dunno of having knuckles right off the bat in Sonic 1, but maybe he;d become available in 3 and you can unlock stories for him in 1 and 2 maybe... Cuz as the story went knuckles was first introduced in 3, and by "meshing the stories" I dont mean everything going on at once, I mean retracing through sonics 4 platformers in chronological order, with maybe added bonus stories in the middle that may lead up to future events (like knuckles and how he got mixed with robotnik before sonic 3 maybe)
    If the Xbox 360 console falls and hits someone, especially a small child, it could cause serious injury.

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    that sounds amazing i would buy it if they made it

Ads