I'm highly disappointed with the Wii version of Call of Duty, I had such high hopes after owning COD 1, UO, 2 and the one on the cube...... but this instalment fails to deliver to the high standard that I expected.
Why am I so pissed off? Read on..
1. The game suffers astronomically from slowdown / lag which results in the controls being totally unresponsive and you're little man doing some kind of Irish Jig on the screen while pointing his gun aimlessly around. Thus making the game an effort and removing some of the enjoyment factor as you're trying to retake control.
2. No replay value what so ever. Possibly because the game is so short that the first level is more fresh in your mind than the morning newspaper.
3. Not being able to skip the cinematic sequences. This is just plain annoying.
4. No real objectives except shoot people..... No get the documents etc
5. Way to easy - no real challenge. Basically told and shown what to do on each mission. No opportunity for personal thought or strategic planning.
6. The hand to hand combat (wrestling with the gun) is lame and a waste of time.
7. I would prefer to of driven with the analogue stick that tilt my Wii Remote around - a lame attempt to incorporate Wii technology.
8. Sound irregularities. Reload sounds would not play / background music would cut out. Possibly the result of porting.
So, come the weekend, this game will be traded in - Yes I hate it that much.