Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5460-1571-7458-7185

What's your opinion about Super Mario Galaxy?

Almost everytime I see someone talking about it, they all think it's gonna be great and have high hopes for it, but I just can't find it that great. I've seen all the videos and I think that this "little planets" system it has is interesting, but I don't believe it would work for the whole game. I mean, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle had some stages like that, and they were quite fun, but I wouldn't like a whole game being like that, I would find it very repetitive, the stages would all be almost the same (same location, space) and maybe it would even make me dizzy if it was like that all the time. Plus, I have that feeling that it's losing that touch Mario has always had... The same happened to me with Super Mario Sunshine, it was a very fun game, but I didn't have that feeling I had while playing Super Mario World or Mario 64, I didn't want to shoot water, I just wanted to stomp on enemies

Well, that's just my opinion, and maybe I'm wrong about the game, if so please correct me, I'd be happy to hear what you think about this game.

Thanks

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    7159-9949-3697-1168
    My thoughts are almost the same as yours, right now im not sure if itll be good even though i saw all the videos and read all the articles on it, but im almost positive that there's something unique and fun about it that nintendo hasn't said yet. You can't get the feel of a game with just videos and reviews, you need to play it. So i won't judge it until i do.

Official Metroid Breeder Zarogan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5460-1571-7458-7185
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarsmasher108
    My thoughts are almost the same as yours, right now im not sure if itll be good even though i saw all the videos and read all the articles on it, but im almost positive that there's something unique and fun about it that nintendo hasn't said yet. You can't get the feel of a game with just videos and reviews, you need to play it. So i won't judge it until i do.
    Yeah, of course, I'm not judging it either, it's just the impression those videos gave me.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Super Mario series isn't about fighting, it's the combination of fighting, exploration, and platform hopping.

All of that is in the trailor, nothing seems wrong.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    SMG could be a fun game, it just depends on if there's more strategy to the game then shown in the videos. It does look a little boring, like the planet hopping concept would get old fast. But we'll never know until the game's released

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    My theory is there will be Earth as well as the other planets. That way, if you want to go to the castle and all, you will eventually be able to...
    Okay it's not a theory it's more of a hope. ='[ C'mon I want to run around the mushroom kingdom. The only game that let us do that was Super Mario RPG...

Member #
    Friends
    I am very very excited about this Mario. It looks fantastic and I know it will play brilliantly.

The trailers look stunning and it's very obvious that Nintendo aren't showing everything as there is that underwater section in one part of the trailers available. How will that play like? I can't freakin' wait!

I adored Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine even more and personally I can't wait to have a chance to play this game.
    "You will meet a woman and then... Death."
    "One more time."

Member #
    Friends
    2528-7696-5174-8862
    I don't know why but I suddenly saw the game in a whole new way a little while back and now I can't wait for it. I think it was some video I watched that showed him flying from planet to planet and I thourhgt that'd be pretty fun, even though I don't really like Mario Games

Member #
    Friends
    I can see where you are coming from but in my opinion I think I prefer something different each time. I mean the same principal works for games like Zelda for example, but changing things slightly is the way Mario games have always been.
    I thought Mario Sunshine was a good game and I can't wait for Mario Galaxy after all the trailers I have seen.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    I really really really really want this game. This game could be the best game ever!

Ads