Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i sold mine coz the game play was crap and i hated the controles

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Rent it.

Play singleplayer AND mulitplayer.

If you don't like it, all you've lost is 5 bucks.

But hey, if you like it, you probably can go on eBay and pick one up cheap cheap! (As in probably under $40)
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    1988-5901-7210-6575
    Red Steel is one of my "on the fence" for me. It seems cool, but the reviews are bad. I'll probably end up renting it and then deciding.

Video games: My anti-drug
    KIS, Keep It Simple

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    red steel is fun if u have an ounce of patience

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    I dont know but i wanted to try it, but when i was about to rent it at blockbuster the guy said hey this game is awful so dont rent it, he really covinced me not to. but idk because there out to make money so if it was really that bad for him to turn down money, then it may be.
    Wii bring the hardCORE!

Member #
    Friends
    i rented this game and found that the grenade throwing was basically impossible. I always ended up switching weapons instead of bringing up a grenade. There was this one part i got to which just didn't work. I was learning a special move it work i guess. That was my last rental day so overall it was ok.

Controllers I have: 2 Wii-mote nunchuck combo, 2 Classic Controller
    Games I have: zelda twilight princess,wii play,wii sports
    VC I have: Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64

I gotta get my hands on Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Metroid Prime 3:Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    There are two control problems--one is that turning is too slow (ie, the bounding box that takes your left/right movement and interprets it as a turning imperative is too large). In campaign mode, this rarely matters. It usually only becomes frustrating in multiplayer mode--if you can get behind someone (and you're competent with a gun), you can kill them long before they can turn around to fight back. Even if they're smart enough to dodge, duck and jump while trying to face you, it just takes too long.

The other control problem is an actual glitch. On occasion, for no reason, the pointing recticule jumps away from where you're aiming, and then immediately jumps back. Read: your hand/wrist is completely still. More than half the time it happens, it makes no difference. However, if you're trying to snipe, and it decides to give you grief, it can be frustrating. (Having never experienced this jumpiness before in any other games or in the Wii menu, it isn't a system problem, it's a RS problem, IGN agrees). IGN talks about both of these, but they give it too much weight. They slam the game with a terrible rating based almost solely on the controls. They're wrong.

Even with those issues, it's a ton of fun to play. I rented it for five days, played through a half a dozen campaigns, and have been trolling ebay for a deal ever since. It's one of the few multi-player shooter options you have--and although tighter turning controls would be better, you eventually adapt and learn not to get caught from behind. It's a crimp, but it didn't stop me and my buddies from having a blast.

But more than that, it proves the Wii's potential with hard core gaming. It is SO much more fun to play a shooter with Wii controls than that mess around with dual analog sticks. The sword fighting is fun, and a nice distraction from the shooting, the story doesn't suck, the controls are slowly intro'd to give you time to learn them all well, and the game looks good. The title was tailored to the Wii (not ported as an afterthought), and hopefully, will feature tighter controls in 2008 with Red Steel 2 (also said to have online multiplayer).

I don't know if it will be the best shooter franchise on the Wii, but it's got potential. And what's the competition? (MP3C is adventure with shooter elements). A sci-fi shooter could offer weapons of a greater variety, however one feature Red Steel shows it's environ's potential is the Focus/Time stopping move.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    Any FPS game made by Ubisoft is garbage.

"I love the Power Glove...it's so bad." - Lucas Barton

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    Quote Originally Posted by David328ci
    Any FPS game made by Ubisoft is garbage.
    Well reasoned and elegantly elucidated. Let me guess... Harvard?

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Ads