+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SSX Blur

King of the Corgi Tribe Guinness's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6695-9494-9036-0139
    SSX Blur is a great game, the controls are tight once you get the hang of it, and the graphics are some of the best yet on the Wii in my opinion. Since no one has mentioned the soundtrack, I'll add that. The soundtrack it superb. All the tracks are written by Junkie XL, and while most of the tracks are Big Beat, which is a departure for Junkie, it grew on me fast, and it really fits the game well. Big Beat is the style popularized by Fat Boy Slim if you're not if you're not familiar that genera. What really makes it work however is the control you have over the music just through gameplay. When you begin a race or event, the music starts with just the basic breakbeat, when you nail your first big trick, the bassline may come in, you nail another series of tricks and the synth will come in. So in essence your gameplay builds the music, play good for long enough and the music will eventually peakout. There are little things as well, like if you came to a complete stop the music will stop, accompanied be the brake sound you would hear if you hit stop on a turntable. Awesome touch. How it does all this while managing to keep in time with the music I don't know, but it adds to one of the most unique soundtrack experiences out there. I definitively recommend this. 9.0 - 10
    Currently own]
    2 Wiimotes and 2 Nunchakus, Classic Controller
    Wii Sports, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Trauma Center, Super Paper Mario, SSX Blur, Wario Ware Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

SSBB FC: 5412-9623-7945 - Name: Guin

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    yeah it takes a while to get to grips with the controls
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    there is definantly a learning curve but once you can nail ubertricks- the game turns into a real gem. i gave it a 9.2. you are going to hate it for the first three hours cuz it takes a looong time to get the controls down, but after that it is amazing. it is more difficult than the previous games, but if you liked the last ones- you are going to love it.

there are only three things i would change:
    1. soundtrack is weak in this title.
    2. bring back the lodge- that way you could by clothing instead of unlocking it.
    3. bring back create-a-character mode.

but despite these flaws. it it freakin sweet.

cif
    Member #
    Friends
    im thinking of getting this also, is it as good as the first 1 for ps2 cause if it is it will be great, or is it better? and for the multioplayer was tank right about taking turns, or is there a mode were you can split screen and do race/trick?
    thanks

Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    u can do 2 player split screen with race and slopestyle

u can do one-screen with four player slalom, big air, and halfpipe.

Member #
    Friends
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    As said previously it has a marginal learning curve to do uber tricks and some more advanced movements, but it's easy enough to just play 2 player split screen and teach them. I found this to be one of the few games I can enjoy with my girlfriend and enjoy myself as a challenge. (As a fan of dbz I can't get her to touch it for more than 10mins)

Software Engineer Student Schneideren's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3299-0924-7094-7534
    How well do the uber-trick-point-and-draw-the-move-action work? Heard some rumours that it could be rather delayed? or even poor?
    If you found this post usefull then support by pressing the cute muchroom!
    ---
    Wii: 7th May 2007
    WiiGames: Wii Sports, Wii Play, SSX Blur, Mario Strikers!
    WiiAccessories: 2xMote, 2xNunchuck
    VCGames: Bomberman 93"

cif
    Member #
    Friends
    cool, can anyone rate it as good or better than ssx tricky for ps2?

Software Engineer Student Schneideren's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3299-0924-7094-7534
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinness
    SSX Blur is a great game, the controls are tight once you get the hang of it, and the graphics are some of the best yet on the Wii in my opinion. Since no one has mentioned the soundtrack, I'll add that. The soundtrack it superb. All the tracks are written by Junkie XL, and while most of the tracks are Big Beat, which is a departure for Junkie, it grew on me fast, and it really fits the game well. Big Beat is the style popularized by Fat Boy Slim if you're not if you're not familiar that genera. What really makes it work however is the control you have over the music just through gameplay. When you begin a race or event, the music starts with just the basic breakbeat, when you nail your first big trick, the bassline may come in, you nail another series of tricks and the synth will come in. So in essence your gameplay builds the music, play good for long enough and the music will eventually peakout. There are little things as well, like if you came to a complete stop the music will stop, accompanied be the brake sound you would hear if you hit stop on a turntable. Awesome touch. How it does all this while managing to keep in time with the music I don't know, but it adds to one of the most unique soundtrack experiences out there. I definitively recommend this. 9.0 - 10

Thank you very much for your great review of the game. Im gonna buy the game very soon.
    If you found this post usefull then support by pressing the cute muchroom!
    ---
    Wii: 7th May 2007
    WiiGames: Wii Sports, Wii Play, SSX Blur, Mario Strikers!
    WiiAccessories: 2xMote, 2xNunchuck
    VCGames: Bomberman 93"

Member #
    Friends
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    I would say the game has a small learning curve, but is by no means any less good than others. I'd obtain it if I were you.

Ads