Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    jky
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stallyon
    i can only assume that the game saves over any previous data and not creates a new save file. if it created a new file then your wii would become very full very quickly. Also, a saved game would only be lost if you powered down your wii while it was loading/saving which would be disastrous
    You know what you're talking about obviously but I think you are missing my point....
    You refer to what is possible with the existing mechanics, i'm merely saying why couldn't they programme the erasing of saved data upon restarting so you cannot cheat???
    Anyway, this game operates as closely to a real golf swing as pouring cat sick into your ear.

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50 Stallyon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    Quote Originally Posted by jky
    You know what you're talking about obviously but I think you are missing my point....
    You refer to what is possible with the existing mechanics, i'm merely saying why couldn't they programme the erasing of saved data upon restarting so you cannot cheat???
    Anyway, this game operates as closely to a real golf swing as pouring cat sick into your ear.
    ok, so lets say that your saved game is auto-erased when you re-start..your wii system would then not hold any saved data relating to the game at all. you've been playing quite happily for weeks and built up your character to superstar status and your happy as larry.....but then, disaster strikes - your have a power out in your neighbourhood and your wii shuts down. you start up expecting to find your game is ok but then realise that it auto-erases all saved data while you are playing....

Do you:
    a) demand a refund on the game
    b) take your own 6 iron from out of the garage and go on a bloody rampage
    c) cry insanely
    d) all of the above

I'd go for d) personally

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Then why would want to play 18 holes if you don't like it? The function you speak of only occurs on the PC version. I've had every Tiger Woods on the PS2 and that has not been an option. There is an option to turn off the animations between shots, thus speeding it up. The set-up option allows you to play 9 holes, why not just do that?

Really if you haven't time for 9 holes, then you've bought a game without understanding what the game itself is.
    Golf is not a quick game in real life, if you don't have time to play then why buy it?

Or you could just keep whining about an option on a game you don't like for the rest of your life. I feel based on your discussions with Stallyon, this will be your preferred choice.
    Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    Quote Originally Posted by miiguy
    Or you could just keep whining about an option on a game you don't like for the rest of your life. I feel based on your discussions with Stallyon, this will be your preferred choice.
    I've decided, following my discussions with JKY, that this weekend when i'm playing real golf - if i make a bad shot then i'm going to get my ball and play it over and over and over again until i'm happy with the result....or better still, if i only have 5 minutes to spare I'll go to the golf course, play the one shot then leave my ball where it is until i have another spare 5 minutes to play the next shot...

will that improve my game?

Spoiler Alert!

jky
    Member #
    Friends
    Really if you haven't time for 9 holes, then you've bought a game without understanding what the game itself is.
    Golf is not a quick game in real life, if you don't have time to play then why buy it?

Or you could just keep whining about an option on a game you don't like for the rest of your life. I feel based on your discussions with Stallyon, this will be your preferred choice.[/QUOTE]

just a couple of points i'd like to make...

1) the cat sick comment was a light hearted reference to an essentially bad representation of the actual golf swing that nintendo advertised (despite this, its still fun to play) ((not bought wiiguy - present))

2) All i wanted to do was start a game and not feel trapped for hours on end, you two have gone a bit weird and defensive.

Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    All i wanted to do was start a game and not feel trapped for hours on end, you two have gone a bit weird and defensive.
    Hours on end? i thought the whole point of playing computer games was to be emersed for hours on end?

Spoiler Alert!

jky
    Member #
    Friends
    Hours on end? i thought the whole point of playing computer games was to be emersed for hours on end?
    Choice is a powerful thing - particularly when my 1 year old son 'chooses' to wake up screaming on my 14th hole eagle putt...

Yeah **** him, he'll live, and if he doesn't, shit i'm on for shooting a 68, thats what matters I guess, especially in freakland anyway...

Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    Choice is a powerful thing - particularly when my 1 year old son 'chooses' to wake up screaming on my 14th hole eagle putt...

Yeah **** him, he'll live, and if he doesn't, shit i'm on for shooting a 68, thats what matters I guess, especially in freakland anyway...
    thats the spirit.....with my help you will become a great gamer but i see it will take a lot of study

Spoiler Alert!

jky
    Member #
    Friends
    thats the spirit.....with my help you will become a great gamer but i see it will take a lot of study
    ha ha very good...
    anyway, we've strung this topic out long enough...
    maybe we shall meet again and bore people to death elsewhere

now where's miiguy, little butter-inner needs his bum smacked

Member #
    Friends
    ha ha very good...
    anyway, we've strung this topic out long enough...
    maybe we shall meet again and bore people to death elsewhere

now where's miiguy, little butter-inner needs his bum smacked
    Ha!

My son used to fall back asleep if he woke to see Pro Evo on the Telly, keep working at him, he'll get it in the end.

My apologies if it seemed a little O.T.T.

Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

Ads