Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mario Party 8

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by cma16
    Going On sell wednesday in Atlanta, after 2pm, Which is weird time Why not when store opens.

Later
    My guess is thats when the stores get their shipment. Probably a little before 2 pm.

Currently Own:
    Hardware: Nintendo Wii, 4 Wii Remotes, 2 Nunchucks
    Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    well what i understand from what my gf told me (she still works at best buy) is that they get the games day before or day of the "release day" but there is some kind of agreement or contract that the retailers cannot sell the games until a specific date, but luckily her store doesnt really pay much attention to those dates and she got a copy tonight (personal reviews soon to come)

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    well what i understand from what my gf told me (she still works at best buy) is that they get the games day before or day of the "release day" but there is some kind of agreement or contract that the retailers cannot sell the games until a specific date, but luckily her store doesnt really pay much attention to those dates and she got a copy tonight (personal reviews soon to come)
    Let me know if you have to have nunchucks to play the game.

Currently Own:
    Games: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Paper Mario, Mario Party 8, Super Mario Galaxy, Guitar Hero 3

Member #
    Friends
    i had my reserved at gamestop i called them yesterday and they told me it wouldn't be out till wensday.but i went hunting anyways living in vegas and theres like 30 + wal mart i just called around until i found one.the only thing that bothered me was that in order to play it you have to update the wii or the game wouldn't show up in the channel. i was thinking hmm what about the people who don't have the net hooked up to there wii or don't have net at all. did anyone else get this automatic update well putting in Mario party 8 ? the game is fairly good some fresh new mini games and the graphics are upped a bit ive only played 2 boards. but i enjoyed i haven't been able to get 4 players as i only got 3 wii motes. anyways let me know if you guys know if the update got up for you as well?

Member #
    Friends
    I didn't have to update. My wii has been disconnected from the internet for about a month now (used to get free wifi from some reject who didn't know how to password protect his router...)

Member #
    Friends
    My Wii has been offline for about a month. I didn't update anything to get it to show up. However, my Wii was up to date as of a month ago, so maybe that was the update.

It was $39.99 ($39.96?) at my local Wal*Mart, like Circuit City.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyhat
    Let me know if you have to have nunchucks to play the game.
    no nunchucks needed, it actually makes you disconnect them before you can play, but its pretty fun for the couple hours i played last night

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    no nunchucks needed, it actually makes you disconnect them before you can play, but its pretty fun for the couple hours i played last night
    OK thanks on the official Mario Party 8 website it it has a picture of a wii remote with a 4 on it, then next to it a nunchuck. But, I didn't see any games that actually use the nunchuck.

Currently Own:

Member #
    Friends
    1635-5908-0301-7661
    Good look on the circuit city tip! Got $40 in gift cards.

Ads