+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Super Mario Bros. MASTA! Doc141's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2478-2768-0821-6129
    Quote Originally Posted by TortillaChip520
    no, im saying there is no point to multiplayer, if it's no good. but hey, maybe they should've had Twilight Princess online, eh? in fact, im not buying another zelda game unless it has online.
    Twilight Princess is a single player Adventure, yes so is Metroid Prime 3. But the key difference between those two games is that one has a valid reason to be online. and We know Zelda can do good multiplayer from 4 swords adventure, but thats besides the point. As I said, you dont know if it would be good or bad. your basing your assumption off of a 3 year old game.

I love Mario....

2. Ads

One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    redsteel couldve been fine for online. thrown in a couple more maps and a few more weapons.

getting back to the point...
    i agree. the wii needs a good, online fps, but MP3 is just not the one.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc141
    Twilight Princess is a single player Adventure, yes so is Metroid Prime 3. But the key difference between those two games is that one has a valid reason to be online. and We know Zelda can do good multiplayer from 4 swords adventure, but thats besides the point. As I said, you dont know if it would be good or bad. your basing your assumption off of a 3 year old game.
    so what if it's a 3 year old game? i still play it! what is the valid reason it should be online...because you shoot stuff?? so? metroid prime 2 and twilight princess are VERY alike, believe it or not. people dont complain about zelda not having online play.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2478-2768-0821-6129
    so what if it's a 3 year old game? i still play it! what is the valid reason it should be online...because you shoot stuff?? so? metroid prime 2 and twilight princess are VERY alike, believe it or not. people don't complain about zelda not having online play.
    no they don't. Because Zelda Twilight Princess isn't the type of game that SHOULD have it! People don't expect Zelda to have it. But when a First Person Shooter (or First Person 'ADVENTURE' That uses a Gun primarily) comes out it is very anticipated to have multiplayer. I never said that single player will suck. I think it will rule. And as much as I love revisiting the same old stuff over and over again, I think it would be much funner to be able to play with a friend! Co-Op, Deathmatch, Whatever!

And stop saying "well in MP2 it sucked" because that is an invalid point. For 1, I sort of liked it. It wasn't that bad. Nothing classic, but it wasn't that bad. And MP3 TOTALLY has the ability to have a good deathmatch online mode, so what should stop if from having said mode? It would increase the replay value, and definitely make it a more valuable game. It would up the profits quite a bit for people who aren't already getting it just because its Metroid.

So stop arguing about it. Saying that putting in a multiplayer would do no positive to the game is a completely arrogant statement. Of course it would.

Even if it's not that good, yes we would be disappointed, but we WOULD still have a good single player, but chances are that an online multiplayer would hold us off longer until a better FPS comes around.

AND LET ME BE MORE SPECIFIC ON THE "ITS A 3 YEAR OLD GAME REMARK"

They have had plenty of time to IMPROVE the multiplayer

I love Mario....

Member #
    Friends
    well, despite what you think, im really not trying to argue w/ you. i am simply expressing my opinion, but our opinions clash. which, is fine.

i dont think multiplayer on mp2 sucked, it just wasnt anything amazing, and i think that'd be the case w/ mp3. Except, if it were online people WOULD be expecting somekthing amazing, and when they didnt get what they expected, it'd get bashed to oblivion.

also, i realize you said the single player will not suck. there is nothing you can do to the game w/out changing the single player to make it suck.

i just dont wanna see my favorite game get bashed when it's done nothing wrong.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    redsteel couldve been fine for online. thrown in a couple more maps and a few more weapons.
    Not even close to fine. Anytime someone half-way competent comes up behind you, you're dead given the time it takes to turn around. So either you can strafe with your back against a wall the entire game, or just pretend you don't care that the controls suck. It's better than nothing--but the gap in the Wii hardcore lineup isn't going to be filled with shovelware. RS is the best multiplayer FPS on the Wii, it's just not a tough category to win.

There were rumors that RS2 might be online, but we all know how those rumors pan out. If it is, I plead with them to beg borrow and steal controls from other games like MP3C. The other major weakness the RS ip has is it's plot location. The Present. Future tech provides many more options.

MP3C had everything that was necessary--the controls, the vistas, the name recognition. Adding the feature needed take nothing away from the metroid fanatics, and it would have absolutely destroyed any and all ps360 taunts of the Wii as just a kiddie machine and rocked the Wii's core lineup. Apparently, however, that taunt is going to remain very potent for a very long time. I could go get a PS360, but why would I want to pay more money to play with an inferior controller? I can mash buttons on a 3rd gen machine.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    2478-2768-0821-6129
    well, despite what you think, im really not trying to argue w/ you. i am simply expressing my opinion, but our opinions clash. which, is fine.

i dont think multiplayer on mp2 sucked, it just wasnt anything amazing, and i think that'd be the case w/ mp3. Except, if it were online people WOULD be expecting somekthing amazing, and when they didnt get what they expected, it'd get bashed to oblivion.

also, i realize you said the single player will not suck. there is nothing you can do to the game w/out changing the single player to make it suck.

i just dont wanna see my favorite game get bashed when it's done nothing wrong.
    Earlier you said MP2 multiplayer was bad. Backtrack. Also, in any decent review they would mention it but also express how good single mode is. And if it didn't have multiplayer online, people will bash it for that too. What it comes down to is that it really doesn't matter what people say. It's just a game, enjoy it if you do. I enjoyed War Gods for N64 back in the day! That's the most guilty pleasure I hold! Do I care that people say it sucks? no! I thought it was pretty cool back then! and Another thing, you can't call it your favorite game (unless your just speaking of Metroid as a series). We haven't played MP3 yet. What if the campaign mode DID suck? Its highly unlikely. But it is a possibility. I want MP3 as much as anyone for campaign. But something I think would really give it an added boost is online multiplayer. People would say it's not as good as Halo 3 and blah blah blah. But on Wii it would be the best thing out. And it would hold Wii owners over for a good amount of time.

I love Mario....

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    Not even close to fine. Anytime someone half-way competent comes up behind you, you're dead given the time it takes to turn around. So either you can strafe with your back against a wall the entire game, or just pretend you don't care that the controls suck. It's better than nothing--but the gap in the Wii hardcore lineup isn't going to be filled with shovelware. RS is the best multiplayer FPS on the Wii, it's just not a tough category to win.

There were rumors that RS2 might be online, but we all know how those rumors pan out. If it is, I plead with them to beg borrow and steal controls from other games like MP3C. The other major weakness the RS ip has is it's plot location. The Present. Future tech provides many more options.

MP3C had everything that was necessary--the controls, the vistas, the name recognition. Adding the feature needed take nothing away from the metroid fanatics, and it would have absolutely destroyed any and all ps360 taunts of the Wii as just a kiddie machine and rocked the Wii's core lineup. Apparently, however, that taunt is going to remain very potent for a very long time. I could go get a PS360, but why would I want to pay more money to play with an inferior controller? I can mash buttons on a 3rd gen machine.

yes, a game styled like mp3 would be the answer to all my prayers. 10+ weapons and a few maps would be awesome. the only proble with it being metroid prime 3 is that it has neither of those. if they made a metroid prime w/ a few extra beams and power-ups, i would die a happy man. but it's just not happening with this one.
    Last edited by TortillaChip520; 07-08-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc141
    Earlier you said MP2 multiplayer was bad. Backtrack. Also, in any decent review they would mention it but also express how good single mode is. And if it didn't have multiplayer online, people will bash it for that too. What it comes down to is that it really doesn't matter what people say. It's just a game, enjoy it if you do. I enjoyed War Gods for N64 back in the day! That's the most guilty pleasure I hold! Do I care that people say it sucks? no! I thought it was pretty cool back then! and Another thing, you can't call it your favorite game (unless your just speaking of Metroid as a series). We haven't played MP3 yet. What if the campaign mode DID suck? Its highly unlikely. But it is a possibility. I want MP3 as much as anyone for campaign. But something I think would really give it an added boost is online multiplayer. People would say it's not as good as Halo 3 and blah blah blah. But on Wii it would be the best thing out. And it would hold Wii owners over for a good amount of time.
    i said mp2 is my favorite game. and you're right, it would be great online, just, it'd need something more. it'd wouldnt get bashed as bad if it JUST had multiplayer, and not online, but people just assume that it'll be online because it's in the first person and you shoot things. like i said, if they threw in some more beams and maps it'd be fine. but until then, multiplayer will just not be what it could be.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    We already had a thread on that but thanks.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads