Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7466-2556-3307-9977

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 (not about 3)

I know there is a lot of buzz about Metroid Prime 3 coming out later this year, but I was wondering if 1 and/or 2 are worth picking up? I'm not interested in catching up on a storyline before playing the 3rd, I'm just looking for a shooter a bit of the beaten path.

Member #
    Friends
    Prime 1 is the best Gamecube release IMO. Prime 2 is damn good too, but not as good as the original. Don't forget the 2D games on the NES, GB, and SNES. Those are great as well. Super Metroid is one of my favorite games of all time.

Member #
    Friends
    I actually never liked any of the metroids but i know the wii will not be a dissapointment.

Member #
    Friends
    2154-9969-3510-2243
    Metroid one is definately one to pick up, howevrer i have not played No 2 but it i thiunk that it is very much the same but has Multiplayer capabillities

I Swear never to touch a PlayStation ever again
    I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE Wii
    MAKE YOUR PLEDGE TODAY!

<<<<< Wii Number *Message Me First*

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    well as for 1 its great fun and just amazing... as for 2 while it is great fun and amazing it is really easy to forget what you are doing and get lost because of the two worlds and the ammo system its not horrible it just takes some time to get used too. so i say get both but i know you will enjoy 1 more than 2 but 2 has some great fun to be had.

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonsta11111
    Metroid one is definately one to pick up, howevrer i have not played No 2 but it i thiunk that it is very much the same but has Multiplayer capabillities
    Metroid 1 and 2 are very different, concerning the story lines and worlds, the only similar things are that they feature the same types of uprades and the same amount. The variety in ideas between both games is very different.

PS: whatever you do dont play 2 first, its alot harder.

Member #
    Friends
    6438-2509-1577-8230
    I would say absolutely both are worth picking up. I literally bought a used gamecube just to play those two games, and it was worth every penny.

1 was definitely better than 2, but both were pretty great overall. I had no desire to even get a Wii until after I beat 1 and had started playing 2, which was then when I thought I had to get a Wii before 3...

It's also a good thing to do just to get yourself up to speed with the story...

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    I suggest that you pick them both up (or just one, for now, and two later) right now. They are nearly as essential to your gamecube collection as ssbm is. The graphics are simply incredible for a gamecube game, hell, they could even pass as a wii game.

Although, i do suggest that you play through Prime 1 first, because I doubt you'll be able to go back to playing 1 after seeing the graphical advance made in Prime 2. Imo, Prime 1 was ALOT better, but that, in no way, is to say that Prime 2 isnt a great game either. Prime 1 was harder, imo, I got into the storyline more, and the bosses were more impressive. 9+ rating on both games.

If you found this info helpful/interesting than please rep.

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

Member #
    Friends
    4877-3286-3608-7887
    metroid prime 2 is way harder then 1, fact.

Member #
    Friends
    2652-0001-8231-6800
    My brother had one and I bought two. Almost finished with the first, haven't started the second. I thought Prime one was really well done, there is a point where I was a bit annoyed with the backtracking, but I suppose that is part of metroid games. One is definitely worth picking up, I'd say wait till you finish it to decide whether to get the second. No rush, two will be waiting for you with those puppy eyes and its $20 price tag.

Ads