Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii-Demo

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4505-3094-7418-7845

Wii-Demo

Wouldnt it be awsome if there was a Wii-Demo Channel! Like every so often a demo would be released and you would be informed by some kind of alert and you could go to the Wii-Demo Channel and play the demo for the upcoming game..... It would be way sweet. But It wont happen.

Member #
    Friends
    Actually it will and it's on the way. It's been mentioned more and more lately. I haven't seen an estimated date or anything but I keep seeing 3rd party companies mention getting their demos up on the Shop Channel and stuff. So do hold your breath
    Even if they hadn't mentioned it, it's not a huge stretch to think it'd happen considering Nintendo's been allowing the same kinda thing with the DS and the Download Stations for a while now. I'm just figuring of all the things I want from Nintendo, I'm happier to think they're focusing more on Metroid Prime 3 and SSBB at the moment.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a total guess but I could see Nintendo launching a Wii Demo Channel with Super Mario Galaxy as the first download. Probably just a gameplay video since Mario games are usually not the types to have demos so much.

Member #
    Friends
    People have been saying this before the Wii even came out. There's supposed to be a DS demo download through the Wii but I never heard anything that seemed official saying you could download Wii demos.

It's not worth bothering with unless they enable external hard-drives and even then a lot wouldn't buy them so they channel wouldn't get much use.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    8288-8038-4521-3885
    i would buy an external hard drive because i am already over half capacity because of VC games. and you Nintendo 64 Kid thing is great haha

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    really ?! *holds breath*

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    0710-2343-2773-8881
    The only problem I see about this idea, is that the demos may need a massive amount of space to be stored on. I believe that the 360 demos take 1gb+ space, or maybe I'm wrong
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.
    - George Carlin

Member #
    Friends
    Ditto here on the external hard drive. I don't care much about physical space. I like that the Wii is small and all but I wouldn't mind if I had to double the size just to get a lot more hard drive space or DVD playability or whatever. I'm perfectly happy with the Wii but if they wanna release anything to give it even more potential, amen.

Ads