+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    its just the devs part
    and it takes a lot of power to render textures btw
    devs are just trying to make a quick buck
    people should stop being stupid and stop buying these so good games can come out
    thats right, if you buy these type of games, i am calling you STUPID.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by deafy
    I choose gameplay over graphics anyday. Who really wants a game that has these GLORIOUS quality graphics while the gameplay is shoddy? This is just my opinion, gameplay should be the primary focus, graphics second on the list.
    Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES all had shoddy game-play then.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Member #
    Friends
    1678-4857-1511-1727
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcastninja
    You're wrong!

"If one game has better textures than another, it's not the hardware's fault; it's because one developer spent more time or money or talent creating better textures."

Textures have to be able to fit in memory, it takes ram to load textures and keep them in memory to be displayed. 360 and ps3 can display a lot more textures, and complicated textures at one time. WHen you increase polly count, you increase the number of textures, and usually you have to increase the quality of the texture since there is more detail to be had. All in all, the wii is a weak system when it comes to graphics. It's very fun and I bought one. But at the end of the day, the wii is not a graphics machine, so don't make it one.
    Thanks for the information, and you make some good points.

You are making different points than I, though. In the sentence you quoted, I was talking about the quality of a particular texture. I was trying to make the point that, if one texture looks better than another texture, it's because more time is spent on it.

Now, I may be wrong, but here's my logic: If you increase the number of polygons, then yes, you need more textures. But at that point, there are now more textures on the screen at once, and they're smaller. So the textures wouldn't need to be higher quality. You can't see them as well anyway.

In the early days of space flight sims (e.g. Wing Commander), the ship was essentially one big texture. The detail on those had to be extremely high. Now that you have a ship with hundreds or thousands of polygons, how much time and effort is spent on each of those textures?

Either way, you're absolutely right that memory is a concern. And the Wii has very little memory compared to the other systems (according to Paul Thurott, 64 MB compared to the PS3's 256 MB and Xbox 360's 512 MB).
    Brent P. Newhall
    brentnewhall.com
    I own Zelda: Twilight Princess, Trauma Center, and Tiger Woods '07

Member #
    Friends
    0822-3877-6855-2965
    I think the Wii can do more but I bought it for gameplay. I am happier playing Wii Play than these visually amazing PS3 games.

In fact I had given up on consuls after the N64 until I found out about the Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    lol....that means you only missed ONE generation. There are people here who went NES>Wii

Member #
    Friends
    That piece is written well. Keep up the good work.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Ads