LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    That problem usually happens to my 12 year old brother who has no patience. The game picks up all motion you make so you have to be careful. When you start the swing, be sure the controller is level point down. If now, then it will start going back itself. The same goes with putting.

I have had no problems with this game. It is one of the best I have. When I first started, I got frustrated when I goofed on big shots but HEY thats golf for ya . It happens.

Member #
    Friends
    I agree with others that this IS a good game. Is there a learning curve to get the hang of it?---Absolutely ! But give it more time and I am sure it will be one of your favorites. I am close to the end of the second year in my carreer mode and I still keep getting better. I'd say it took me most of the first year of my carreer to start feeling comfortable with the swing. Good luck

Member #
    Friends
    5234-2961-1879-5832
    The only time I ever got screwed, was on the putt's.

I draw back very slowly and steadily, just like a real putt.

The game has screwed me on so many shots while in the middle of drawing back, that im convinced its a glitch in the game. OR my wiimote was manufactured on a monday rather than a friday .

But, i still dominated the game even though i got screwed on the putts constantly.

As for the above poster, and the 12 year old comment. Dont you have some pokemons to play with or something ?

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Selfdestruct
    The only time I ever got screwed, was on the putt's.

I draw back very slowly and steadily, just like a real putt.

The game has screwed me on so many shots while in the middle of drawing back, that im convinced its a glitch in the game. OR my wiimote was manufactured on a monday rather than a friday .

But, i still dominated the game even though i got screwed on the putts constantly.

As for the above poster, and the 12 year old comment. Dont you have some pokemons to play with or something ?

What you said makes no sense. I said my 12 year old brother. Im 22. My comment means that young people have no patience and dont try to learn the game well, thus they make threads like this that make no sense. All it takes is practice. I played a few tours and have already won. Its not that hard once you find the right way to do it.

With putting, I do have a problem with long distance putts. say like 30ft plus. Sometimes I draw back far and dont get the power. Other than that, its pretty simple. My dad was doing pretty good after 10 minutes and he dont even have a wii nor has he played one at all.

Member #
    Friends
    I have not problem with Tiger Woods. When I swing, I take no notice of the player on the screen and look straight down. Also, with your downswing, don't try and start it quickly just do a smooth movement. Swing down as fast as you swung back. That is my advice, hopefully it works.

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50 Stallyon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    the only thing i cant manage to do is getting the ball to curve when i want it to all the time - i understand the dynamics and i rotate the wiimote correctly but quite often the ball will swerve in completely the wrong direction thus f**king up a really crucial shot

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    2192-4083-8192-7034
    I'd Recommend holding it with one hand. Also, after pulling it back slow, I dont swing all the way around. I kind of do a short quick stroke forward. I was doing the curve shots alot so I started doing this and it helps.

WiiChat.com>Match.com TacosTacos's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I have found that the biggest problem people have is when they don't keep the "club" still. After you hold the B button, you can't make any motions forward or back, no matter how small, or the game will see that as part of your swing. So, before you hold down the B button, make sure your hands are still. Then do your swing in two motions.....back and forward. If you go back, then hold for a second then keep going back, it messes up.

Even I had the same problem at first, but after you get used to it, that never really happens.

Good luck. Don't give up. Enjoy.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    is this another TACOS?
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Don of NYC Respect Lvl 50 Stallyon's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2207-7954-7144-9623
    Quote Originally Posted by jared19
    I'd Recommend holding it with one hand. Also, after pulling it back slow, I dont swing all the way around. I kind of do a short quick stroke forward. I was doing the curve shots alot so I started doing this and it helps.
    hey, you took all that straight out of the joy of sex manual

Spoiler Alert!

Ads