LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    WiiChat Member GamerCon's Avatar
    Member #
    25049
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    607
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I think my sis said it best when she saw a commercial for it, "What kind of game is hammering a nail?"

    Knowing even if you end with the most stars you might still lose, doesnt sound pleasing.


    I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

    Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

    It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    I think my sis said it best when she saw a commercial for it, "What kind of game is hammering a nail?"

    Knowing even if you end with the most stars you might still lose, doesnt sound pleasing.
    that is the beauty of video games, they do not ever appeal to everyone, im sure you realize that, im just saying, cant expect every new game to please everyone, but thats really just life in general

  4. #23
    WiiChat Member GamerCon's Avatar
    Member #
    25049
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    607
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Also seeing when they run out of ideas is the most beautiful thing ever. not everone will see it though, im sure you realize this, even when a game uses the same thing over and over but people think its new. I do like the mini-games, some of them. I just wish they would cut out the middle-man and make Mario Party Mini, which would consist of just the mini games. I dont like having to play the game, its boring even with 4 people, when all im trying to do is unlock the mini games and never play story mode again.

    Im sure you would all agree the board part is really tiering. If they had all the mini games open from the start, i would buy it.


    I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

    Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

    It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

  5. #24
    W3rd bob_digga's Avatar
    Member #
    23516
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    78
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1450-8712-3893-8596
    id try to get my hands on it, but i can never find the damn game. best buy & wallymart are sold out.

  6. #25
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    Also seeing when they run out of ideas is the most beautiful thing ever. not everone will see it though, im sure you realize this, even when a game uses the same thing over and over but people think its new. I do like the mini-games, some of them. I just wish they would cut out the middle-man and make Mario Party Mini, which would consist of just the mini games. I dont like having to play the game, its boring even with 4 people, when all im trying to do is unlock the mini games and never play story mode again.

    Im sure you would all agree the board part is really tiering. If they had all the mini games open from the start, i would buy it.
    a lot of people agree with you, and i do agree that they do use a lot of the same ideas over and over again, but it doesnt mean its not entertaining, and quite a few people enjoy the board game style of the game, so i mean yea for people who just want to play mini games i think they should facilitate that, but personally i like "earning" them i may be a bit biased towards the game but im trying to look at this objectively but yea, the game is good, maybe not worth full retail price but still a worthy buy for those people who enjoy a multiplayer game where no one is getting killed

  7. #26
    Wii gamer, 360 gamer joe_duffy's Avatar
    Member #
    12778
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    266
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    2755-2722-6827-0320
    mario party 8 has crap reviews, apparently its a let down according to IGN


    SSBB Code: 3394-3398-1442


    PM Me if you add me to Brawl, thanks guys


  8. #27
    WiiChat Member billcsho's Avatar
    Member #
    24869
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    323
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    IGN is just one of the reviews. No game can please everyone. Check out this site that summarize all major online reviews (including IGN) in scores. MP8 is not great, but it is not that bad either. IGN gave the third lowest score on MP8 among 18 reviews.

  9. #28
    WiiChat Member The_Man_TLC_22's Avatar
    Member #
    12801
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Durham, New Hampshire
    Posts
    27
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7780-0934-2319-3770
    I rented mario party 8 and thought it was great to play with my g/f I am kinda stoked to see what her kids think of it when they get their paws on it but we love playing the game. I would suggest getting it if u have people to play with but even to wait time it is kinda cool to play by yourself.
    Games I currently own
    Wii Sports, Excite Truck, Repla Fishing, Zelda Twilight Princess, Wii Play, and Mario Party 8
    VC Games
    Mario Brothers (NES), Zelda (NES), TMNT (NES), Punch Out (NES), Mario World (SNES), and Mario Kart 64 (N64),

  10. #29
    They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    25098
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,450
    Friends
    20
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_TLC_22
    I rented mario party 8 and thought it was great to play with my g/f I am kinda stoked to see what her kids think of it when they get their paws on it but we love playing the game. I would suggest getting it if u have people to play with but even to wait time it is kinda cool to play by yourself.
    definitely agree with you, ive played it a lot with friends and the single player options are pretty decent as well. fun game. try it if you arent sure. especially if you are new to the series, everyone who hasn't liked the game has played every other mario party and expects it to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if you are new to the series you should like it.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts