Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    such as Perfect Dark was to Golden Eye, but not a revolutionary one.
    I think Perfect Dark did something that no others have done since: it made playable a multiplayer game into a single player one. It's got a tonne more features that were really quite innovative (psychosis gun, laptop gun, remote controlled rocket launchers, the ability to actually instruct computer players to do different things etc). Though I agree it didn't "revolutionise". I think people need to realise that whether it's revolutionary or not, it will still be a game that looks incredibly promising.

The lack of online play is needed if they want it to look as good as it can.
    I'm not too bothered about online tbh. It's always better to have a few people round, with some beers, dorritos and such. I appreciate that online would be nice, but not essential for it's success.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    It's got a tonne more features that were really quite innovative
    Agreed, with everything. It was innovative. I love that game.

So MP3 will not be revolutionary, just innovative. Is that better?

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    8745-5143-2651-5351
    The game is pretty obviously evolutionary, not revolutionary. What gives it the potential to be one of the greats is not some unbelievable innovation or creativity, but rock-solid execution and the ability for pin-point accuracy (tight controls are a common Nintendo strength). Online play, doubtful as it is, would give a bigger audience greater access to that execution and more reason to get deeper into the game, further ingraining MP3 into our hearts and minds.

It isn't really an insult to say that something isn't revolutionary. Frequently the first company to do something isn't the one that survives. Being first comes with many pitfalls and perils. Usually, the company that comes in behind the revolutionaries and learns from all their mistakes and triumphs succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Battles
    lets just hope nintendo tells everyone the release date for this game at E3, along with other crucial info about Wii. Can we say possible harddrive?
    The release date is late August (20th?) and was announced several weeks ago. Given the speed at which Nintendo is approaching online activity (Very, very slowly), I'd be amazed to see an HD come in at E3. But I wouldn't be surprised the rumor of new hardware being into'd was true.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiinter
    Usually, the company that comes in behind the revolutionaries and learns from all their mistakes and triumphs succeed.
    Absolutely, just like the Dreamcast and online play.

Interestingly though, it seems to have become a deal-breaking feature. I think Nintendo were right to hold out of online til this long - it's not making it standard, it's a creditable feature. Also the fact that there were tonnes of people that didn't have broadband speed internet access back in 2001. I know I didn't (not at home anyway).

Member #
    Friends
    Your all entirely correct. Of course, you could interpret 'revolutionary' as the first game to do something. I suppose that's fair. All I was saying is that I don't think that's the best way of terming it. I class something as 'revolutionary' only when it actually creates a revolution; i.e. changing how a genre/game is played that is taken as the new standard.

Anyone I think we've exhausted that topic

As for online I think it's really important for any game to become "big" these days. I wouldn't say I agree with Nintendos pace, but it does seem to be quickening. I think it was right to hold off last gen but they should of done more this gen. Still, it does seem to be coming. Just not for Metroid.

An Instant Classic LevesqueIsKing's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    The Wiimote was 'revolutionary' sure but since they already have a few shooters, making a new one wouldnt be considered a revolution. Final Fantasy 7 wasnt a revolution, it was 3D and things but the same thing as the other ones. MP3 is just a FPS that uses the Wiimote, there are a lot of FPS's that use the Wiimote. Really think about what a revolution is.
    If i sound like a dick, toasty. So your a little more closed minded then me, oh well. I have a Wii and some FPS games for it so i already know what the layout of MP3 will be like.
    On the contrary, it WILL BE the first fps to use the wii-remote nunchuk to it's (nearly)full potential. You cannot disagree with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    Actually it is on the believers to prove to everyone else that MP3 is a revolution.
    You misread my comment. I agree with you.
    Agreed, with everything. It was innovative. I love that game.

So MP3 will not be revolutionary, just innovative. Is that better?
    Imo, no, it isnt. It is somewhere inbetween revolutionary and innovative. Why? Because every single wii game that uses motion controls is innovative. Innovative wont cut it for MP3, just like MP3 wont cut it for revolutionary.

Its simply...revolinnovative

Not to fit a mold,

Not to join a trend,

Not to follow a crowd

SSBB site is my home page SuppaRoy's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3481-0462-1023-5980
    Metroid prime 3 will mostly sell to the people that have played and loved the first 2. SSBM, SMG, and Halo 3 are going to EVERYBODY cause you dont need any other games to get into the bandwagon of these games. SSBM cause it hasnt changed that much SMG cause everybody loves mario and HAlo 3 cause anybody that owns a xbox 360 knows wut halo 3 is all about and will buy it for the online play. Also now a days if a game doesnt have online, its considered not up to the times. So Metroid prime 3......you know
    MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED - PM me for Friend Code Exchanges. 386653-777982
    MAKE SURE you send me a private message telling me you added me.

Wins-70 Loses-14
    Undefeated within friends roster. Think you can beat me....jus pm me and we will see

Member #
    Friends
    3892-2269-1758-4620
    Quote Originally Posted by SuppaRoy
    Metroid prime 3 will mostly sell to the people that have played and loved the first 2. SSBM, SMG, and Halo 3 are going to EVERYBODY cause you dont need any other games to get into the bandwagon of these games. SSBM cause it hasnt changed that much SMG cause everybody loves mario and HAlo 3 cause anybody that owns a xbox 360 knows wut halo 3 is all about and will buy it for the online play. Also now a days if a game doesnt have online, its considered not up to the times. So Metroid prime 3......you know
    Not necessarily.. People who like the FPS genre may be inclined to buy MP3 as there really aren't any other decent FPS's out YET. I for one have never played Metroid 1 or 2 and plan on buying MP3..

Currently Own: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Legend of Zelda: TP, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 8
    Waiting on:Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB,

Feel free to add me on your wii! Details can be found below my avatar and remmember to msg me your details if you add me!

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    I've got Metroid Prime, and Prime 2.. but I can't remember playing them

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    I've got Metroid Prime, and Prime 2.. but I can't remember playing them
    I got both. I was very impressed with Metroid Prime, but I haven't played the second one, as it requires 60hz TV. My TV is very old, and cannot do that...

Still, I've got a while to play it (Being in the UK especially)...

Ads