LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 115
  1. #11
    WiiChat?!!?! WHERE?! a30993's Avatar
    Member #
    20537
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    185
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4108-4051-0390-8129
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    "A shooter isn't a shooter to me unless you actually feel like you're holding the gun"
    "Galaxy and SSBB will be fun, but they won't change the industry"

    See the thing is even Time Crisis arcade in 95 and for the PS2 in 97 (I think) did both of those things. It was the first game to use the "hide behind cover" style of play that even current games use (call of duty). The Namco Guncon1/2 are considered to be the best gun controller for home play ever made.

    The PS2 wasn't released till late 2000...

    How was it released 3 years before the console came out?
    WII-LESS NO LONGER!
    Spoiler Alert!

    DS Games
    R4DS

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Fixed.

  4. #13
    The Shoke Shoko's Avatar
    Member #
    20369
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,292
    Friends
    1
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy9
    We're all focusing a ton of Galaxy and SSBB, but i think Metroid Prime 3: Corruption could be the most important game of them all. I've never been a fan of shooting games myself, but this..is different. I just couldn't get into Bond games, the controls were too unreal, you know? They just never felt like they fit before, i didn't feel like i was actually shooting. The Wii changes all this though. A shooter isn't a shooter to me unless you actually feel like you're holding the gun, and that's what makes the Wii so much better than the competition. Don't get me wrong, Galaxy and SSBB will be fun, but they won't change the industry. If Corruption is put together correctly, it could prove that graphics aren't everything, that Halo 3 doesn't even compare becuase, as fun as it is, you're still using a clunky controller. I really feel that Corruption could show that the Wii is more than a fun fad, that it really has worth to "serious" gamers. I've never been a FPS fan, but this has changed my whole outlook. Thoughts?
    your wrong. SSBB will change the industry, especially for the Wii


    Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa


    Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228


    [SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me


  5. #14
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko
    your wrong. SSBB will change the industry, especially for the Wii
    How? What is different about SSBB? Its just an update of the older games unless I missed something

  6. #15
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy9
    We're all focusing a ton of Galaxy and SSBB, but i think Metroid Prime 3: Corruption could be the most important game of them all. I've never been a fan of shooting games myself, but this..is different. I just couldn't get into Bond games, the controls were too unreal, you know? They just never felt like they fit before, i didn't feel like i was actually shooting. The Wii changes all this though. A shooter isn't a shooter to me unless you actually feel like you're holding the gun, and that's what makes the Wii so much better than the competition. Don't get me wrong, Galaxy and SSBB will be fun, but they won't change the industry. If Corruption is put together correctly, it could prove that graphics aren't everything, that Halo 3 doesn't even compare becuase, as fun as it is, you're still using a clunky controller. I really feel that Corruption could show that the Wii is more than a fun fad, that it really has worth to "serious" gamers. I've never been a FPS fan, but this has changed my whole outlook. Thoughts?
    red steel beat it to the punch?

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  7. #16
    WiiChat Member guitarguy9's Avatar
    Member #
    24813
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I know Red Steel beat it to the punch, and remember how great people thought that was gonna be? Turns out it got mixed reviews (alot of reviewers were "dissappointed"), so I'm still holding out for what's considered a "great" shooter. Corruption will have the hype of Red Steel, but i think it'll actually deliver. Red Steel woulda been considered shit if it weren't for the Wiimote, but Corruption and other shooters will be scary fun when you consider that they'll be fun by themselves and even moreso thanks to the Wiimote.

    And why is SSBB going to be revolutionary? I know it'll be fun, but what's gonna make someone switch systems for it?

  8. #17
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy9
    And why is SSBB going to be revolutionary? I know it'll be fun, but what's gonna make someone switch systems for it?
    In fact SSBB is ANTI-REVOLUTIONARY. It is bad for the video game industry because it teaches everyone to keep rehashing the same game over and over again adding a new character or new level instead of coming up with something new.

    I threw up in my mouth a little.

  9. #18
    WiiChat Member guitarguy9's Avatar
    Member #
    24813
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    friggin double post. Sorry yo.
    Last edited by guitarguy9; 06-06-2007 at 06:51 PM.

  10. #19
    WiiChat Member guitarguy9's Avatar
    Member #
    24813
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ciper
    In fact SSBB is ANTI-REVOLUTIONARY. It is bad for the video game industry because it teaches everyone to keep rehashing the same game over and over again adding a new character or new level instead of coming up with something new.

    I threw up in my mouth a little.
    Haha, is that sarcasm or not? Either way, i gotta reiterate that i love Super Smash Bros., i just don't think PS3 lovers are gonna see what we see in it. They'd say "Where's the graphics?" And we'd scream "GAMEPLAY IS MORE IMPORTANT!" 360ers would say "Cool, what can it do online?", and we'd say "well, we dont really know ye... GAMEPLAY IS MORE IMPORTANT!" Neither of them would really get it, at least i dont think they would.

    Now our future shooter games... the gameplay should be so much better than the competition that even the biggest Wii haters cant ignore how much fun shooting with the Wiimote is. At least that's my opinion, that shooters will be so much better on the Wii that "real gamers" will take notice.

  11. #20
    ciper's Avatar
    Member #
    22965
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    ▐▄█▀█▄▌
    Posts
    2,008
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy9
    Haha, is that sarcasm or not? Either way, i gotta reiterate that i love Super Smash Bros., i just don't think PS3 lovers are gonna see what we see in it. They'd say "Where's the graphics?" And we'd scream "GAMEPLAY IS MORE IMPORTANT!"
    Not sarcasm. I am completely serious. Making continuous sequels with minor changes and charging full price combined with rabid fans who will pre-purchase the game sets us all up for failure.
    The proof is in this forum - look at the number of threads regarding the damn game already even with such little information. It is the members of this forum and the kids like them that prevent cool games from being released for the system (like when the first Katamari was released).

    If Nintendo released dog shit shaped like SSBB characters most members of this forum would have a full set preordered.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts