LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: roms on sd?

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I'd rather not open up the console. I have bad luck with that from the xbox days.

The ps2 to gamecube adapter might actual;ly be worth it figured I have 2 of the rare retrocon ps2 controllers hooked up to my PC through use of an adapter. I could get a gamecube to ps2 adapter and use those 2 controllers that I already have, therefore saving money. So you say a gamecube to ps2 controller adapter is the way to go? You're SURE it will work with the wii? Also where can I get one?
    Last edited by dreamcastninja; 06-09-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    I HACKED THE WII. MY COLLECTION IS LARGE. I OWN ALL. EMULATORS ARE MY FRIEND.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I use one to play ToeJame & Earl on VC. There is another thread about them somewhere

Member #
    Friends
    i cant find a dual adapter and that means like 10 bucks a piece AT LEAST. I'd rather just get 2 cheap GC controllers. Any links to cheap GC controllers?

Member #
    Friends

Member #
    Friends
    that's awesome but I've only got 7 on me now. I'm planning for when I get paid friday. I'm gonna order the homebrew sdloader datel kit for sure, and the controllers. I'll keep those in mind but for 23 I could probably do a little better than those, they look like the "gamestop brand".

Member #
    Friends
    more questions... lol

All I need is that SDloader pack from datel and the roms and emulators to run off of that sd card right? Then the two controllers to be able to control them.

Do they make a version of mame for the gamecube?

Member #
    Friends
    for the price of the sdloader pack i can get a new wii case with the tools to open the wii up and the case is clear with color changing LEDs on it. While I'm changing that, I could mod the wii with a chip. The only reason I'd be doing that is for the roms though, burned disks are bad for the drive and i'd only run a disk of emulators, i'd still buy my games legally as there's not THAT many games that a person needs for a system anyway, 50 bucks every month isn't that bad for say 12 games a year, which should be plenty. So...anyone know what the best/cheapest mod chip would be in order to run an emulator disk? Also, hopefully solderless?

Member #
    Friends
    looking on here, the clone is much cheaper, but if it does what it's supposed to do, i see no problem with buying that one instead of the original wiikey, right? Also, any alternatives to soldering that one, or does anyone know where I can get a solderless chip?

I can get a lighted LED case and a mod chip. Then be able to run all the emulators off a disk just like the regular wii games. The case comes with the tool i need to open the wii, so it won't be THAT bad to do then, since the added cost of the tools and all won't come into play. Still keeps it around the 50 dollar mark, trying to do it as cheap as possible, but I just can't pass up the case.
    Last edited by dreamcastninja; 06-09-2007 at 05:10 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    ok i know i've been posting a lot.

i read some wiikey tutorials and it seems really hard to do with the shock absorbers on the drive and the small size of the chip when it comes to soldering. The case seems even more risky with the extra lighting and the power and whatnot. I will settle for the SDLOADER method from datel using the gamecube emulators.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    a quintuple post? was that really needed? Jeez man. It's so sad to say that that isn't even the worst one in wiichat history.

reported?

ETA: ok, there has been a triple, triple, quintuple.

ETA2: what's the big deal??? Jeez. It's annoying having to scroll through 100 posts by the same person. Just because you are lazy. I usually let a couple doubles or so go. but 2 triples and a quintuple?

Post counts encourage spam as well.
    Last edited by Brawny; 06-09-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Ads