Bottom line, if you have a Wii and like online war games... you need this game. Battalion Wars II is Nintendo's answer to Halo, not Metroid Prime. Battalion Wars II (or BWii as it has been come to known) is a real-time strategy. As we all probably know, Metroid Prime is really a single player experience but BWii is both. Unforunately, the first BW only had a single player. If you notice the release date, BWii ships A DAY before Halo 3... direct competition. Basically, I see this is Nintendo's answer to Halo 3 so Wii only owners don't feel left out.
Release Date: September 24, 2007
Publisher: Nintendo Developer: Kuju Entertainment
"Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike on the Coral Atolls. The world is once again at war.
Drive tanks, command ships, pilot planes and direct your troops into the heart of the action in the return of the popular tactical action game for Wii."
Official fact sheet
There are 3 different onilne multiplayer modes.
What's different between the first and second?
- Assault: Instant Combat
- Skirmish: Tactical depth
- Co-op: Work with friends
- Graphics. The first one looked pretty good for a Gamecube game, but you can definitely tell the difference here. The first image ine GCN and the second is Wii.
[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OOEUt4PUTMY[/media][media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MaUd0s0veUg[/media] I'm going to add a bit more later, but my computer is acting weird right now.
- New control method (of course). Now, you use your Wiimote to command your troops.
- 5 new naval units - Battleship, Frigate, Submarine, Dreadnought, Transport.
- Bigger. 20+ single player missions and 15+ multiplayer missions.
- Multiplayer/Online. Discussed before.
- Greater tactical depth. Capture facility buildings to re-spawn units (HQ, Barracks, Factories, Airfield, Docks). Use Map Screen Commanding to order from afar