LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fifa Soccer 08

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I can understand the vertical view working better with the Wiimote for single player but for 2 player i think it would kind of suck as one of you has to play downwards.

Hopefully they will include different camera views and control options because to be honest i think i would rather use a GC controller than the Wiimote for footie.

Member #
    Friends
    apparently pro evo 7 is coming to wii...bye bye fifa...If the Pro controls are better, then im buying pro. Search google.

Member #
    Friends
    6135-1993-3203-6288
    Wii_smurf and others like him:
    You Europeeings don't have any perspective on what Americans know about soccer, or how familiar we are with it. You just assume that since we have other sports more popular than soccer, that not a single American, or Americans as a whole are negligent about soccer. Here in the US, any self respecting sports fan would know what FIFA refers to, and where I live, many of us watch EPL and other international games on a weekly basis. I will admit, MLS is no where near the quality of european soccer...YET, but that is mainly because that would be comparing 25 years of professional soccer tradition here to well over 100 years in europe.

All the hate directed at Americans in relation to soccer is due to the fact that soccer in the US is becoming more prominent on the world stage and we are catching up in terms of skill and prominence. You simply don't like that we are taking one of the last things that you have and we don't. Are we upset that many European nations are now respectable in basketball? No. You should be truly happy that soccer is becoming a true international sport, as it increases competitiveness, and encourage other peoples who might be just starting to catch the bug.

P.S. Even IGN calls it "FIFA Soccer 08"

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by NjD00
    Wii_smurf and others like him: You should be truly happy that soccer is becoming a true international sport, as it increases competitiveness, and encourage other peoples who might be just starting to catch the bug.
    Becoming a true international sport?? Soccer has always been a true international sport. It is played by more countries than any other sport and its World Cup actually features countries from all continents, unlike the USA's Baseball 'World Series' for example.

Ive always preferred Winning Eleven/Pro Evo to FIFA as they always seemed to play more like the real thing but hopefully one of them will be at least decent on Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    6135-1993-3203-6288
    Sure, the world cup has and does include international teams. Although, 25 years ago I would venture to say that most people in the US didn't give a damn about soccer, yet the US has been playing in the world cup since 1930. Now, a growing percentage of people care about and enjoy soccer, and that is what I would call "becoming" more of an international sport.

Btw, when the term "World Series" was coined, MLB in the US was pretty much the entire world of baseball

Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    Becoming a true international sport?? Soccer has always been a true international sport. It is played by more countries than any other sport and its World Cup actually features countries from all continents, unlike the USA's Baseball 'World Series' for example.

Ive always preferred Winning Eleven/Pro Evo to FIFA as they always seemed to play more like the real thing but hopefully one of them will be at least decent on Wii.

Member #
    Friends
    No realistic football game can be good on the wii, il put money on that.
    Just got my Ps3! The Wii is now gathering dust until Super Smash Brawl!

Member #
    Friends
    yes it can, with the right controls, it can be even better than normal controls.

Think about tactics. using the remote cursor to put players in unique poisitions, not like the old fixed poisitions, where there is a set of formations to choose from. The wii remote could be used to make new, better formations that you can make yourself. You could simply drop a player where you want him on the pitch, so maybe you want him towards the left, but still staying central. That might not be availible on the fixed settings, s the remote can poisition it for you!

Using the Z button to do long balls, Twisting the remote (like a key) clockwise for nutmegs, ant anti-clockwise for tricks/skills.

Shaking the remote to barge, B for shoot, A for pass, up/down for sliding tackle, shake remote to barge/normal tackle.

Using the motion sensing for your own celebations LOL.

Those controls would be awesome..

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Meh.. I prefer normal controls for games like these... I get really concentrated in football games and the motion sensing will be too much of a distraction for me

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    there is gonna be a gamecube/classic controller option..

WiiChat.com>Match.com TacosTacos's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    They should make it so the Wii remote attaches to your leg. Or a special attachment for your shoe.

Ads