Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fifa Soccer 08

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Fifa Soccer 08

Any news on this game? I love the Fifa series, and i really want 08 for Wii. I hear its online, any confirmation on this? Or any general news or screens?

Thanks.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Fifa Soccer?
    Not even going to start an argument
    It's just called Fifa, Damn Americans

ETA: No news as of yet except Online

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    ummm actually i live in england, lol. i just put soccer there so the yanks knew what i was talking about.

Can i have a link to the online confirmation please?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Here You Go

It's on that list somewhere

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    I just found this on IGN:

"In our early playtest, we got a peek at what the company plans for the Wii version of FIFA Soccer 08. The game will use much of the core assets and engine from "last-gen" versions of the game, so the main game will look on par with what the other teams are doing with the PlayStation 2 version of the series. There will be specific changes -- for example, the default camera will switch from the familar side-scrolling television style presentation to a very NHL Hockey top-down, vertically scrolling movement. The decision to go to this camera was so that a lot of the Wii-centric motion controls wouldn't feel "off" since they're sensitive to your character's position.

For example, if you want to pass the ball to a teammate, it's a flick of the remote in the direction that you want to send the ball -- flick it to the left or right to pass the ball left or right, or flick it forward to pass it ahead. Kicking the ball towards the goal used a "scooping" motion to mimic the foot -- dig it hard and fast and the ball will go in that direction. If you need to throw the ball in from the side, raise the Nunchuk and Remote controls over your head and make a tossing motion...easy as that. Slide tackles were also applied to the motion controls that makes it as simple as flicking the wrist when you want to go for the ball."

Oh...My...

Are they serious? "Scooping" the remote to shoot? Flicking the remote in different directions to pass? Over head throw ins? Thats disgusting!

Why didnt they use the controls they used for Mario strikers charged, they were perfect...i was looking forward to shaking the remote to barge and using unique tactics with the remote...

But this is just stupid..

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Thats well better, Strikers is so much different that Fifa. I hope this goes down well. Strikers is a side scroller but the Fifa camera techniques are looking good. Maybe passing could be done with an 'A' or a flick of the nunchuk but they definatly use the Controls to use

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    i would much rather have the strikers control setup. and im sure you can change the camera to scroll sideways again. i hate playing from that view from above...its annoying.

At the moment Fifa is looking crap to me. Im sorry but i just saw an interview, you also holdm the controllers up and save the ball...in real time if your controlling the keeper.

WTF? just go with the usual mode, where the saves are automatic...how stupid?

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yeah the Goalie thing is stupid, The throw-in's are good though but still 'Early Playtest'

No Longer Have A Wii

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Oh Wooooooooooooooooooooow
    Another multi format/cant be arsed doing mutch to/Wii will be the worst version/copy pasta/ever year the same game pile`o`crap this time from EA

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Lol
    FIFA is well good. Though the only thing that changes is the kits and player rosters

No Longer Have A Wii

Ads