LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Square Enix is right on. Nintendo is winning because they appeal to a broader market. My mom was the one in my family most excited about the wii, and i know plenty of girls who want one. Meanwhile, the PS3 and 360 appeal to... gamers, gamers, and more gamers. Ya, thats a pretty large target market, but i'd say the rest of the world is a bit bigger.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy9
    Square Enix is right on. Nintendo is winning because they appeal to a broader market. My mom was the one in my family most excited about the wii, and i know plenty of girls who want one. Meanwhile, the PS3 and 360 appeal to... gamers, gamers, and more gamers. Ya, thats a pretty large target market, but i'd say the rest of the world is a bit bigger.
    Well, to be fair, not every gamer. I consider myself fairly hardcore. However, the label in the west of the hardcore gamer seems to revolve around mature games and FPS. I don't limit myself to those, which is part of the reason I've got a Wii - although I'm looking forward to most of the mature games. I'm even looking forward to MK Armageddon on Friday.

However, the PS3 and 360 doesn't have what interests me atm. May get a 360 next year, but only once there's some games that I'm really interested in coming out.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Thats a nice find. I have always been a DQ fan, so I am pleased that it will be on the DS. I may also consider getting a PS3 or an Xbox 360 in two years though.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    3388-6355-5969-8398
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    I consider myself fairly hardcore. However, the label in the west of the hardcore gamer seems to revolve around mature games and FPS. I don't limit myself to those, which is part of the reason I've got a Wii - although I'm looking forward to most of the mature games. I'm even looking forward to MK Armageddon on Friday.
    I'm a little like that too, I've become more interested in mature games such as shooters. I never liked the Resident Evil games and never played one but now I have an interest and planning to get RE4 when it's released.

Member #
    Friends
    Yeah, the guys at square love the Wii. They have been playing their office Wii constantly apparently.

They've stated in interviews that future Final Fantasy games (13 and on) will NOT be PS3 exclusive, but available on the 360, and Wii if they can adapt them. Also, they intend to make a number of Wii and DS exclusive Final Fantasy games, both the crystal chronicles series and tie in games like FFXII: Revenant Wings.
    Pokemon Diamond: Name:Sif FC:3952 3555 4891

Now Trading 1st, 3rd, & 4th gen starters, Phione, Rotom, Porygon, Dratini, Kecleon, Feebas, Castform, Tyrogue, and anything else I can breed.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    yeah it is briallint news aint it
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

umm yaa.... anybody here? chach's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1185-8785-0113-8139
    Ya finally a thread i can enjoy from you brendO

just dont keep bumping it with random comments like you do all you other threads.

hopefully square can remake 7 and bring it to ds, screwing psp over in the process

Awesome sig by demonflair *_*

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Well, to be fair, not every gamer. I consider myself fairly hardcore. However, the label in the west of the hardcore gamer seems to revolve around mature games and FPS. I don't limit myself to those, which is part of the reason I've got a Wii - although I'm looking forward to most of the mature games. I'm even looking forward to MK Armageddon on Friday.

However, the PS3 and 360 doesn't have what interests me atm. May get a 360 next year, but only once there's some games that I'm really interested in coming out.
    Haha ya, sorry, i shoulda been a bit more specific. Some serious gamers are Wii fans, but its not necessarily all Nintendo is aiming for, whereas the 360 and PS3 aim for those markets and thats about it. Wii fans are a bit of a grab bag, so naturally some "serious gamers" are gonna make their way over to the Wii.

Especially FPS fans. I think the Wiimote is just gonna make that series so much more fun. I've never been an FPS fan really (too fake when using a remote), but i cant wait for RE4 (which i've yet to play) and Metroid Prime 3.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by chach
    hopefully square can remake 7 and bring it to ds, screwing psp over in the process
    7, 8 or 10. Or all. Although the trailer for Crystal Bearers does look pretty good...

Certainly good to share in the square of love...

Quote Originally Posted by guitarguy9
    Haha ya, sorry, i shoulda been a bit more specific. Some serious gamers are Wii fans, but its not necessarily all Nintendo is aiming for, whereas the 360 and PS3 aim for those markets and thats about it. Wii fans are a bit of a grab bag, so naturally some "serious gamers" are gonna make their way over to the Wii.

Especially FPS fans. I think the Wiimote is just gonna make that series so much more fun. I've never been an FPS fan really (too fake when using a remote), but i cant wait for RE4 (which i've yet to play) and Metroid Prime 3.
    Fair enough. Though I do feel that developers have just been testing the water mostly. I think they've got a positive response, and hope that the Wii will have a fair share of "hardcore" games. I've been very picky in teh past when it comes to FPS. Goldeneye, classic. Perfect Dark, Amazing. Apart from that, I think only Turok 2 is the only other FPS that I've actually really liked (and that's more to do with the cerebral bore). As for the Resident Evil series, I've been a fan since the second game (the first one didn't have the same quality in my opinion).

I think you're right about the 360 and PS3, although I feel more people are begining to realise that those consoles aren't neccessary to have a good time. Heck, it seems to be a drawback at times: The three most popular console on the market today have worse graphics than their rivals: DS, Wii and PS2.

Anyway, back on topic. I think Squareenix are doing a good job, and at least with the wiimote and DS touch screen, chances of getting literally a port will hopefully be very small. *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Rivet
    never liked the Resident Evil games and never played one but now I have an interest and planning to get RE4 when it's released.
    I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. 4 is the one that started raking in new fans. Now that it's coming out for the wii, I think Umbrella Chronicles may be more of a hitter than Resident Evil 5!
    Last edited by Squall7; 06-13-2007 at 11:03 AM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Playing is Believing blankconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwood3570
    Yeah dude, great find. I'm not familiar with the dragon quest series. But this does give me hope that Final Fantasy will come back to Nintendo.
    I cant remember but I think I played Dragoon Quest on playstation 1 before, I remember some Dragon rpg game on ps1. other then that I'm not familiar with it either.

If I my post helped you click on the GREEN MUSHROOM .....wait nevermind choose for yourself

Ads