LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Why Warcraft for the Wii would make sense

First off.. i know this won't happen. The Wii is selling just fine, Nintendo doesn't need to pull a rabbit out of their hat to impress people.

But imagine if they did. 3 of the biggest complaints against the Wii would be destroyed, instantly. Too kiddie oriented? Not with the nerdiest game ever coming out for the Wii and the wii only. Crappy online play? Not with an experience that puts the PS3 and 360 to shame. Not in depth enough to stay interesting? Haha, not anymore, not with a game people will spend days straight playing.

Once again, i know it won't happen, but it would actually make some sense. It'd atract a whole new group of people to the Wii, and monthly fees would ease the cost of running an online game like that. Nintendo has money to burn at this point, it'd be a great time to experiment with something like this. They wont, they'll play it safe, but it really would be cool if they did something like that.

Member #
    Friends
    that would be awesome. he chances of it happening are almost 0.1% haha

WiiChat Writer
    Member #
    Friends
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    If it happened, I think the controls would suck. And it wouldn't make sense, it would make sense if the Wii wanted it to happen, but considering Warcraft is a PC game (PC's usually related with Microsoft) the chances of it happening are low. But you can say that with anything 'it would make sense for the Wii to have Metal Gear Solid, Halo, GoW and Warcraft, because they'll make aloada of money and be more popular'...

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Would need a hard drive expansion to even begin to get this to work.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    Would need a hard drive expansion to even begin to get this to work.

Why? I'm not too knowledgeable in hard drives, so why would this game require a larger hard drive than Zelda or something? Would it be the online?

And i don't think it'd be a problem of getting Blizzard to make the game for the Wii. They're completely independent of Microsoft, and they make games for the PC because thats what makes money. If Nintendo threw some cash at them, i'm sure they'd be willing to give it a shot.

And i'm not saying that it has to be just like it's PC counterpart. It could have worse graphics, and it could change the controls to make it easier using the Wiimote. What would be important would be the "Warcraft" logo, that's what would make people pay attention to it.

Member #
    Friends
    yah controls would suck, itd get tiresome holding the wiimote up for pinpoint accuracy during hour long battles
    also, 1 game isnt going to stop "3 of the wiis biggest complaints" because the number of people who play RTSs is not that large compared to other popular game types here in the western world
    also, why would they bring warcraft to the wii? its doing just fine on PC

and as im re-reading the main post, im starting to think you meant "World" of warcraft
    if you meant this, go die, cause you should say World of Warcraft, cause Warcraft is a RTS..
    Last edited by Sovieto; 06-21-2007 at 07:40 AM.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    3892-2269-1758-4620
    Im all for Nintendo bringing Starcraft Ghost back into development and designing it for Wii exclusivity. Anyone else feel the same?

Edit: Sorry for being off topic, just that talk about Blizzard started and i thought i'd throw my 2 cents in.

Currently Own: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Legend of Zelda: TP, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Party 8
    Waiting on:Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB,

Feel free to add me on your wii! Details can be found below my avatar and remmember to msg me your details if you add me!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    and as im re-reading the main post, im starting to think you meant "World" of warcraft
    if you meant this, go die, cause you should say World of Warcraft, cause Warcraft is a RTS..
    I agree.

umm yaa.... anybody here? chach's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1185-8785-0113-8139
    lol i havent played war craft since the first one for pc, never played wow but that episode of south park was hilarious!

Awesome sig by demonflair *_*

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    My brother in law is works for Blizzard and he told me that his company helped them make the episode! If you can't laugh at yourself....

Ads