LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The_Loose_Cannon

resident evil 4 on HD

the other day....actually it was yesterday to be exact. i went to pick up my copy of RE4. when i walked in to see my buddy behind the counter, i asked him if he had my copy and he went into the back. before he got it for me, he asked if i had HD TV. i said no i didnt. he said good and proceeded to go into the back to get me my game.

after he came out he explained why. he said that the game looks shotty on HD without the right cables. he had to change them inorder to get the picture to look right on HD to play this game.

anyone experience something different? any other games i should know for the future if i do get HDTV? (i know the cables are an obvious give away to change if the picture looks funkey on a good tv)

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7081-4874-6456-6678
    An HD has such a potentially high resolution, that stretching a non-hd resolution actually degrades the quality.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    3881-9484-9041-5848
    I havn't had this experience but yeah, the wii isn't HD designed so some games will need the right cables to look good on a HD TV.

The_Loose_Cannon
    well like i said its common sense to change the cables to upgrade the technology but i was wondering if its the same with a lot more games than just with RE4. chu know?

also if people are playing it on HD without the proper cables , how does it look?

Member #
    Friends
    I'm using the nintendo HD component cables and it looks crappy. Can you tell me what cables your buddy is using.

The_Loose_Cannon
    probably ones he got at gamestop since he works there....honestly i dont know the brand.

my guess is probably these

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802520

Member #
    Friends
    Thanks man.

The_Loose_Cannon
    youre welcome, and im a girl

Meta-Knight's # 1 Fan SSBBFan101's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    8246-2463-9009-5471
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    youre welcome, and im a girl
    well now i need help. Jill, (or anyone) can u tell me where to preorder ssbb? thanks.

Member #
    Friends
    I think every single photo-realistic Wii game will look like shit on HDTVs (especially bigger ones). The low resolution, tons of aliasing fuse on Zelda is so bad it's hardly playable. The art in the game is beutiful but the Wii's limited hardware can degrade it so much...
    (Yes it's more then just a pretty picture, having horrible graphics, hardware limiting good graphics can make games unplayable.)

I also played Resident Evil 0 ,I think it was 0, on my 60" hdtv... Looked so bad I just sold it off right away. I might buy RE4 Wii just because it's such a good game and then just play it when I'm at a different house.

The only solution is to play cartooned style games.
    Put up with it.
    Or perhaps cable order and higher quality ones could help a little but the only big fix would have to be an amazing scaler that works with the Wii.
    Last edited by StevenNevets; 06-22-2007 at 06:46 PM.

a;lfjljljf2;lasf

Ads