LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    6772-9484-5615-6705
    Man, i love both games metroids multiplayer is decent and so is halo's. Halo is great multi player it lets you talk during the online games to friends and non-frieds but hey for me a games a game if its fun ill play it.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwilliiy
    Man, i love both games metroids multiplayer is decent and so is halo's. Halo is great multi player it lets you talk during the online games to friends and non-frieds but hey for me a games a game if its fun ill play it.
    halos multiplayer...decent?

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Halo obviously. As someone who has played tons of FPS I can say that metroid makes a better side scroller, and I kind of wish they kept it that way. Its not bad, but Halo is pretty damn good. Then again some will like whatever nintendo produces, thats because they cant think for themselves.
    Well that is not entirely true. Not everyone likes whatever nintendo makes, just don't use most of the people here on wiichat as an example. Many of them don't know nothing about anything. I am not trying to start stuff here, all I am saying is im not one of those people who like everything nintendo makes.

I've never played metroid 1 or 2, I want to try 3 really bad.
    I've only played the halo games, so I guess I can't make a good choice considering I haven't played metroid, but right now I would say halo is better.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    haha seriously, Halo set the course of online fps multiplayer on consoles. If you people keep trying to compare metriod to halo you are going to fail. Dont even try to do it. Its not worth it. You can like Metroid, but once you start attacking the top online fps franchise, you are going to ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetAWii
    Well that is not entirely true. Not everyone likes whatever nintendo makes, just don't use most of the people here on wiichat as an example. Many of them don't know nothing about anything. I am not trying to start stuff here, all I am saying is im not one of those people who like everything nintendo makes.

I've never played metroid 1 or 2, I want to try 3 really bad.
    I've only played the halo games, so I guess I can't make a good choice considering I haven't played metroid, but right now I would say halo is better.
    I was generalizing a bit I admit. You are right on that, but even though I am here, I cant help but notice some really dumb stuff being said. Perhaps I should go somewhere else, but for some reason I like it here.

The first metroids was perhaps the most amazing side scroller in nintendo history, even better than mario. Mario is a classic, but metroid really defined the side scroller in nintendo's history. The next version of metroid, going 3D really took a step back in my opinion. It felt, very linear to me and dry. Thats what happens when they cannot convert a 2D game to a 3D game faithfully. In that case, the franchise is dead and a new version is out seperate from what made it good to begin with.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 06-27-2007 at 07:15 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    7952-3036-6014-3919
    Halo is way better I like Metroid but if I had a choice of Halo or Metroid Halo would win.
    Pokemon FC: 2535 0616 1267
    Name: Brady
    Mario Kart: 128933 989446
    Gamertag: Vasichek

A random quote: A hero is no braver than an
    ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes
    longer.

Member #
    Friends

Dude you are clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    youre completely stupid
    if it wasnt for halo you wouldnt be playing metriod prime on the GC the way you were
    Both Xbox and Gamecube came out within' days of each other in november of 2001, and even though Halo was a launch title, Metroid Prime was already in development for almost a year and half when the nintendo team first received the development kits in the beginning of 2000.
    Infact i have the Game informer magazine with Metroid Prime Preview shots to prove it, and the mag is prior to xbox and gamecubes release
    So how the hell is Halo responsible for Metroid Prime being the way it is when the game itself was nearing the end of development and getting ready for release.
    Sovieto get your facts straight before you post replies dude, you make yourself sound like a novice.
    Last edited by Macmutt; 06-27-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0001
    I would have to say that Halo beats Metroid by a long shot due to its online play
    and campaign...but thats just my opinion. Different people like different games..

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    youre completely stupid
    if it wasnt for halo you wouldnt be playing metriod prime on the GC the way you were
    i bet i would, considering it's different than halo in the first place and there were FPS's before halo believe it or not, it's not like halo affect cs:s and that's my favourite fps of all time

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Member #
    Friends
    7466-2556-3307-9977
    If by "crushed" you mean "sold way fewer copies" then I would agree...

Personally, I'm not a huge Halo fan, but after playing Metroid Prime I won't be playing the second or the third.

Billy Talent is awesomest zurukea's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends

Halo's Quick Devolpment over Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime is a good game but one thing to take into consideration is that Metroid Prime has been out many more years then Halo and Halo overall is much more enjoyable. Online Play, Audio Communication, and just cool. My first System other then the SNES was the XBOX, and I was going to get a XBOX 360 but I decided that the Wii better suited my needs. Anyways, with the release of Halo 3, Halo is probley the better series but if Metroid Prime came out with a game that had all the feature of Halo, like chat and online play, it could end up being better then Halo. Though this would probley not be done. At this time Wii has no feature like audio or video chat or online play. This would more then likely require a lot of work to develop a system that would run off the Wii and allow such a feature. Also with Microsoft being a computer company thay have access to stuff that Nintendo doesn't. Miscosoft preety much owns the computer industey. So HAlo will probley always be ther better series but in the eyes on true Nintendo fans it isn't and as the war between consoles contiunes it depends on what you want. Also please note I am not sure if Halo 2 has Audio Communication. I'm preety sure it does and if it doesn't then Halo 3 will plus who knows what may be revealed. With Microsoft in control of our computers we can't be quite sure what could be next.

Ads