LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Turkish RPG Master RPGMasterTurk91's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Will the four player games extend to an online legacy?

it has recently come to my attention that the 4-player series games (games that have direct number sequals like mario party 4, 5, 6 and so on) made for the Wii would be awesome with online play. Instead of playing mario party 8 (probably coming out for the Wii) with 4 ppl in the room, imagine playing and hitting the dice, playing minigames with ppl all around the word? there will be new ppl to verse and there will always be competition; u wont have trouble finding someone to play with or having enough people to play with...think about it, take another 4-player game meant to b played at home. versing against ppl within the room, like mario kart. will games like these go online for the Wii (of course the sequals after the Gamecubes ones, GC games will not b playable online, obviously)? it would be so interesting to play these games multiplayer on the net, seriously
    theyre doing it with SSBB, r they not? its gonna b one of the biggest hits, mostly because of its online capability

what do u guys think about this whole online thing for 4-player games? cool or not?

Also, if u know any other games that will or will possibly be online (4-player games, i know SSBB will obviously be playable online, so disregard that one), let me know...thanks!
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    Of course it would be fun. xP I'm actually counting on Nintendo to come through on that.

Member #
    Friends
    0169-9501-5816-7969
    Yeah, I don't have enough people willing to play all the time so online would be great for games like that!

"I'm the only guy in the world who has to wake up to have a nightmare."

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."
    - Al Bundy

Member #
    Friends
    yea thats what im saying, think about my first post...wouldnt it b a blast? it would b 10xs better than regular 4-player mode; heck, u can have competition if ur home alone! forget the "COM"s lol
    "Many religions within a nation causes little conflict, but two religions within a nation is nothing less than conflict."
    "If you can speak three languages, you are trinomial. If you can speak two languages, you are binomial. If you can speak one language, you are American."
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"--Theodore Roosevelt. Haha describes me nicely.

SSBB: 0602-5954-4722 CURRENTLY RETIRED FROM ONLINE PLAY AND VIDEO GAMES IN GENERAL

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    Ooh! Tournaments! That would be a wonverful idea! xD

Member #
    Friends
    imagine playing Mario Party 8 with a random group of ppl from all around the world? a new group to verse, and ull always have ppl to play with...they play mini games and what not with u while u surf the board or just play mini-gamemode, maybe win coins for something special...it would b awesome...o, and u can talk amongst yourselves using the microphone or w/e it is, just as if those ppl were really sittin next to u in the same room
    in addition, u will never have a hard time getting enough people to play as well as getting people to play in the first place

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    xP Maybe some sort of network ID, so you can make a list of people that have it that you've met on the internet or something. For example, I'd have an ID such as Kumoriken, and I could add RPGMaster or something. xP

Member #
    Friends
    To extend this idea, what if you incorporated the availability of GameCube controllers, Wiimotes, and Wii DS connectivity for potentially up to twelve or more people in a similar setting?

If you count that many of the Mario Party games had simple controls, relying on the analog stick and a button or two at most, you would have a unique, yet balanced match between the three interfaces.

Member #
    Friends
    4054-9249-4284-3802
    I've said this before in other threads, but there is precedence for this. MarioKart: Double Dash was playable online through the Warp Pipe project. It basicly tricked the Gamecube into thinking it was connected to another Gamecube via LAN. I really hope someone makes this possible, Nintendo or hacker...although I prefer Nintendo obviously.
    "Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it." - GANDHI

Picture created by: NateTheGreat

Only took 4 years to get1 MetroidZ's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    mario party online would rock.

Ads