Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

wii tennis and baseball not tracking high scores

hi there..

Wii tennis and baseball aren't keeping track of high scores and its a shame as people like to see how they progress as in the single player versions of these games..Is anyone else seeing this ?

I called Wii customer service and they claim no other calls on this issue but is no none else really not noticing this ?

thx
    leebojammin

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    how do you get a high score in tennis?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by callme.nasty
    how do you get a high score in tennis?
    I mean the scores that show your progress and you get them at the end of the matches...

It takes my 'single player' score ( say which is 248 ) even for when Im playing against a friend, and his score is always 'zero'. Both our scores remain the same no matter how many matches we play. It progress's our scores fine but only when we play solo . Golf works fine and tracks our progess even in multiplayer.

thx
    leebo
    Last edited by leejammin; 06-30-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    it only tracks your multiplayer progress in games where you're technically playing against yourself, such as bowling and golf.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by callme.nasty
    it only tracks your multiplayer progress in games where you're technically playing against yourself, such as bowling and golf.
    I"d go for that description, except that I'm 'not' playing against myself Im playing alongside a friend whom has created his own Mii and not just playing as a Guest.

I hope the new tennis games coming out dont have this limitation as its nice to see your friends progress, and well they enjoy it too especially if they dont have their own Wii unit.

Just as in real life ( which the Wii has obviously gone out of its way to emulate ) people like to see their progress and when it comes to the computer game it would be nice to see it maintain that data like it does in Wii Golf and Bowling.

thx
    leebo
    Last edited by leejammin; 06-30-2007 at 02:02 PM.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    the reason they do not increase your stats playing against your friends is because in tennis your friend could throw the match and you could get all aces, and just boost your stats, or in baseball a lot of batting practice worthy pitches and run the score up. i think you can see where im going, when you play golf multiplayer or bowling your friend does not influence your results, directly that is.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    the reason they do not increase your stats playing against your friends is because in tennis your friend could throw the match and you could get all aces, and just boost your stats, or in baseball a lot of batting practice worthy pitches and run the score up. i think you can see where im going, when you play golf multiplayer or bowling your friend does not influence your results, directly that is.
    In my opinion,- so what ?

No offense, but your attempt to cover up for a poorly coded ( or rushed ? ) game aren't working I'm not that ignorant ( and I'm a programmer so I know these things can be accounted for ).

We all get that 'some' people will cheat but to ruin a valuable part of a game just because of some people is just faulty logic.

Im disappointed alot if indeed this is coded in.

One of the Oceanic 6 TortillaChip520's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by leejammin
    I called Wii customer service and they claim no other calls on this issue but is no none else really not noticing this ?
    u called customer service? ROFL!! the reason they get no other calls on this is because it's not a big deal.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by leejammin
    In my opinion,- so what ?

No offense, but your attempt to cover up for a poorly coded ( or rushed ? ) game aren't working I'm not that ignorant ( and I'm a programmer so I know these things can be accounted for ).

We all get that 'some' people will cheat but to ruin a valuable part of a game just because of some people is just faulty logic.

Im disappointed alot if indeed this is coded in.
    blueovalboy7 gives you a valid answer, and you blame blueovalboy7 for a release title's flaws?!!??!
    And your a *ahem* programmer who then, claims to know the answer and answers their own question?

Original Wii owner: December 8th 2006
    Games owned: Wii Sports, Wii Play, Super Monkey Ball, Rampage Total Destruction, Excite Truck, Red Steel, Godfather Blackhand Edition, Warioware Smooth Moves, Tiger Woods 07, Cooking Mama, Rayman Rabid Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, Mario Party 8, Boogie.

Member #
    Friends
    we're not saying that it should be like this, we're just giving you the reasons nintendo most likely had when they did this. i'd rather it keep my progress in all multiplayer games too, but its no big deal. you'll get bored of the game in 2 weeks anyway.

Ads